Click on the Group settings link on your group's page, then click on Access. Here are some guidelines for managing your group settings:
- Who can view? Usually the most appropriate setting will be Only members can view group content.
- Directory listing? If you want people to be able to request group membership without an invitation, select List this group.
- Who can join? Decide whether you want to control who joins.
- Allow External Members? If you want to include people without a humboldt.edu address, check this box.
- Who can post messages? Select the option that makes the most sense for this group.
- Who can invite new members? If you want to control membership, it's best to select Managers only
- Message moderation? Unless this is a small group, moderating can be a lot of work, so No moderation is the most common choice.