If you've prepared your Drupal-based site "off-line" so you can test it before you make it live, here's how you move that test site into the production environment
- Install the Backup & Migrate Drupal module in your development site.
- Use Backup & Migrate to make a backup of the database that holds your site's contents.
- Download the backup file to your local computer.
- Install Drupal in your site on the HSU Central Web Server.
- Install the Backup & Migrate Drupal module in your site on the Central Web Server.
- Copy over the "structural" files you need from your old file directory to your new one, including themes, modules, and file folders.
- Upload the backup file to your new site on the Central Web Server.
- Use the Backup & Migrate module to restore the contents of your old site to your new site.
If you have any problems moving your dev site, contact the Technology Help Desk at (707) 826-HELP (4357), firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a trouble ticket.