To: Faculty Teaching in ITS Labs & Smart Classrooms, Academic Department Support Staff, Department Chairs
What's New in the Labs?
- No more lockboxes!
- GH218 has a new control system. Please schedule an orientation before using this room.
- Projector remotes will be found by the instructor stations
- FH202 and GH215 are now Mac-only facilities
- Computers in HGH115 and SA364 have been upgraded to Dell Quad-cores
- JH212 has been decommissioned
A complete, up-to-date list of lab equipment can be found here: http://www.humboldt.edu/its/labs-descriptions
What's New in Smart Classrooms?
- The following rooms no longer offer a VCR: BSS211, FH179, FOR107, GH124, GH218, HGH106, HGH204, KA102, KA104, KA106, NR201, SH115, SH116, TA11, WFB250
- The following rooms can run PowerPoint in presentation mode: ART B, BSS162, FH118, FH125, FH163, FH25, FR105, GH124, GH218, HGH204, MUS130, SA364, SH108, SH109, SH116, TA11
A complete, up-to-date list of smart classroom equipment can be found here: http://www.humboldt.edu/its/smartclassrooms-roomlist
Before Your First Class
If you're scheduled to use the Interdisciplinary Computer Labs and/or Smart Classrooms for instruction this semester, please plan in some time BEFORE your first class to (re)familiarize yourself with the software and equipment. Contact Classroom Technology Services at x3166 as soon as possible to schedule your Technology Training Update session and ensure that your first class runs smoothly. Bring samples of your instructional materials when you come to training, too, so we can make sure we're covering everything you need.
If you need to check out a particular piece of equipment from Classroom Technology Services, you should reserve it as soon as possible to ensure it will be available when you need it. If it's something you're not too familiar with using, we recommend you schedule an orientation session as well when you make the reservation.
To review the current software lists, check the links below:
If you need specific software for Smart Classroom or Lab use, you must re-request it each semester. The deadline for Spring 2014 is November 15, 2013. Go to http://www.humboldt.edu/its/labs-softwarerequests for more on how to do this.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact Classroom Technology Services at x3166 or email@example.com.
Technology Help Desk
Humboldt State University
(707) 826-HELP (4357)