All new faculty, staff, and students must complete the Account Activation Checklist prior to accessing email and other computer accounts.
Step 1: Log onto the Welcome Center
- Go to http://welcome.humboldt.edu/new
- Enter your HSU User Name .
- Enter your First Time Password (from the letter or email you received).
- Click Login.
If you have difficulties logging in, call the Technology Help Desk at (707) 826-4357 for assistance.
Step 2: Set your password
- At the Set your HSU User Name password page, read the password requirements
- Type your password in the New Password box
- Type your password a second time to confirm
- Click the Set Password button. You should see a message stating "Your Password has been changed."
- You can now access myHumboldt and log into any application you're authorized to use, as well as the interdisciplinary computer labs.
Note: your password expires at least once a year. Read more about Password Expirations
Step 3: Identity Verification Questions
Answering these questions will help you reset your password in case you ever forget it. Be sure to choose answers that are easy to type and that you will remember.
- In the Account Center , click the Account Tools link.
- Click Identity Verification questions.
- Answer at least 3 questions.
- Click Submit.
Step 4: Email Address and Forwarding
Staff & Faculty
: Before you started working here, you may have given us an email address. This is currently set as your “Preferred Email” which means that all email sent to your HSU email address would go directly to your preferred email address. We recommend that you use your HSU email address as your preferred email address for HSU-related communication. The university is not responsible for the handling of email by outside vendors or unofficial servers.
: Your Humboldt State University email account is an official channel of communication between you and the university. You are responsible for checking your HSU email account for official communications. Although you may elect to redirect messages sent to your official HSU email address to another address, you do so at your own risk. Having an email lost as a result of re-direction does not absolve you from responsibilities associated with communication sent to your official university email address. The university is not responsible for the handling of email by outside vendors or unofficial servers.
To set up a forwarding address:
Congratulations, you have completed the Account Activation Process!
Please contact the HSU Technology Help Desk at (707) 826-4357 if you need assistance.
- Login to your HSU Google Apps account.
- Follow the Google instructions on forwarding your mail to another email account.