With Google Groups you can create and manage your own mailing lists right from the Google Apps screen. You will need to think carefully about the appropriate controls for each group you create, so you always know who can post, who can join, etc. Follow the guidelines in Creating Google Groups to make sure your groups will work the way you want them to.
Benefits of Google Groups include:
- Group members can edit their own subscription settings
- Group names show up in the Gmail Global Address List , making it easier for you to find them
- Group owners can easily add, view, and remove members through their Google Apps account
- All emails sent to the group are archived and can be viewed from the Groups page
- Documents can easily be shared with groups