Web :: Developing for the Central Web Server

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

If you need to develop a site that will be hosted on the Central Web Server, you'll need to follow this process.

  1. Register as a Developer
  2. Take the ATI Training Survey
  3. Be Assigned as a Developer

Note: If you are a contractor and do not have an HSU User Name and Password, the site owner will need to request an account for you. To do this, they should complete the Account Request Form, selecting "University Contractor" as the account type.

1.  Register as a Developer

To be approved as a site developer on the HSU Central Web Server, you must first take the Accessibility Training Initiative (ATI) Survey. This will ensure that you are aware of accessibility issues and know where to go for additional resources.

2. Take the ATI Training Survey

  1. Log into the Account Center
  2. Click the "Account Tools" tab
  3. Click “Manage Other Accounts”
  4. Click “Become a Developer”
  5. Click "Take the ATI Training Survey" and answer the questions to the best of your knowledge and ability.

3.  Be Assigned as a Developer

There's one final step before you can start work on a site - the site owner must assign you to his or her site. To do this, the site owner needs to:

  1. Log into the Account Center
  2. Click the "Account Tools" tab
  3. Click “Manage Your Other Accounts”
  4. Click “Manage Web Sites”
  5. Click "Assign a Developer"
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to assign you as a developer

Related Topics

Central Web