Determine you have completed the requirements to be considered an Upper Division Transfer Student
If you have earned 60 or more transferable semester units (equivalent to 90 quarter units), you are considered an upper division transfer student. If you aren't sure how many college units you will have, check copies of your transcripts and/or contact a college counselor.
Unit and Course Requirements
- You must complete -- before your application term -- at least 60 transferable semester college units, with at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average based on your transferable work.
- Within those 60 units, you must complete at least 30 units of general education (GE) coursework with grades of C- or higher. If you'd like to check GE courses online for California public colleges, you can go to www.assist.org for useful course lists by college and GE subject area.
- As part of those 30 GE units, you must complete, with C- or better, all four of these subject areas:
- Written Communication (College English)
- Oral Communication (Speech)
- Critical Thinking
- Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning
- All required subjects must be completed before your first term at Humboldt. Fall applicants must complete all admission requirements before summer begins.
- You must be in good academic standing at the last institution attended.
Submit an application at CSU Mentor
To complete the CSU Mentor Undergraduate Online Application: Click the box to select Fall 2015. Create an account. Choose Humboldt State University as the campus, and click “Start an Online Application.” Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Begin Undergraduate Application for Humboldt State University.”
On the Undergraduate Application for Humboldt State University, you will indicate the Term (Fall 2015), select the Intended Major (Interdisciplinary Studies - Leadership Studies) and indicate your Entry Status (60 + units).
Then complete each section of the application and submit it when complete.
After You Apply: Receipt of Application
You should receive a written confirmation that HSU has received your application within a short time after you apply. If more than three weeks pass, and you still haven't heard back, please call HSU Admissions (707) 826-4402 or toll free (866) 850-9556.
- Official college transcripts must be received in the HSU Admissions Office
- If you enroll in college courses Spring 2015, you will also need to make arrangements for those additional transcripts to be sent to Admissions as soon as final grades are posted.
- Send transcripts to: Office of Admissions, Incoming Transcripts, 1 Harpst Street, Arcata, CA 95521
- Note: Check your HSU Student Center account To Do List weekly to see what we’re waiting for: www.humboldt.edu/myhumboldt
- As soon as possible:
Submit FAFSA (financial aid application): www.fafsa.ed.gov