Yes, we will help you choose courses each semester to fulfill all requirements for the degree.
This depends on the following:
- Your total number of transfer units
- How many units you can successfully complete each semester, given your other obligations and time commitments
It’s important to note that if you need to take time off due to unexpected life circumstances, you can return to complete the program later.
This depends on the following:
Your total number of transfer units
Where your transfer units were completed (community college or 4-year institution)
Financial aid award amounts (State University Grants and Cal Grants cannot be applied to this program, however Federal Pell Grants and Federal Student Loans can be applied)
Please see the Benefits and Costs section for more detailed information.
Applying & Eligibility:
- Written Communication (English Composition)
- Oral Communication (Public Speaking)
- Critical Thinking
- Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning
These classes have been developed to be flexible and accessible for busy adults, so you don’t typically need to be online at any certain time. The online format will vary, depending on course topic and instructor, and there may be some opportunities for you to talk real-time with instructors and/or other students.
Fees & Financial Aid:
Technology and Resources:
Moodle (Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) is the HSU Learning Management System (LMS). Students will have access to the syllabus, course calendar, assignments and other materials and functions via Moodle. Moodle is a web-based program; therefore, you will need a computer with Internet access and an Internet browser to use Moodle for your course.
Technical Requirements – Computer System and Browser
Before logging into Moodle, confirm that your computer hardware, software and settings are correct and compatible with Moodle requirements to be able to run the LMS.
For PC computers:
- Windows XP Operating System or better (Windows 7 preferred)
For Macintosh computers:
- OS X
For all computers:
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 1 GB of free disk space (recommended)
- Broadband Internet connection (DSL or cable recommended)
- Soundcard with speakers or headphones (USB headset highly recommended)
- Web camera or built-in computer/laptop camera for courses that may using web conferencing, Skype or other video applications
- The latest version of Java
- Cookies must be enabled
- Pop-up blocker is turned off with the Moodle site added to exceptions
- Moodle works best with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not support all tools in Moodle.
Some online classes may use the following software:
Some courses at HSU may use Blackboard Collaborate, an online live "classroom."
Special requirements for accessing Collaborate are listed on the Blackboard Collaborate website.
Technology is changing all of the time. Prior to enrolling in classes, you will be required to participate in an online orientation program. This online orientation will explain technology needs and provide important tips for the online learner.