Although reading is one of the most used academic skills, doing it effectively can be difficult to master.
Lab assistants are in the lab to help you on a drop-in basis or by appointment. We have a variety of materials that are available for individual use, as well. The following list contains highlights of the reading materials in the lab:
There is a series of videos on academic success that includes Reading Improvement. We highly recommend this short video which presents three strategies for improving college reading skills. The video titled Strategic Learning presents additional strategies that can be used along with those from the reading video.
- PRR method for Reading Texts
- Developing Reading Versatility
- Read All About It
[comprehension and critical thinking]
- Taking Control of Your College Reading
- Reading Faster and Understanding More
- Building Strategies for College Reading
- Reading Skills for College Students
- Academic Literacy
- Bridging the Gap