As the Spring Semester rushes to a close, students are under increased pressure to finish projects, study for exams, and write final papers. The culmination of the school year comes with increased pressures, but it’s important for the mental, emotional, and physical health of all of our students to keep stress to a minimum. Good health leads to better academic results as well.
HSU offers a variety of services for students during this time, and one of our recommendations is to reach out to family and friends for support. We also encourage you - the parents and families of these test-takers and paper-writers - to remind them of these resources and the importance of their health as the semester wraps up.
- In addition to collaborative and quiet spaces, the University Library offers a series of ongoing “Skillshops” on topics ranging from study skills to time management to leadership. Point your student toward the Skillshop calendar to find upcoming classes.
- The Learning Center offers one-on-one and group tutoring in a variety of subjects offered by appointment and on a drop-in basis. Free for enrolled students. More information is available here.
- The Academic and Career Advising Center offers a host of services for graduating seniors looking to jumpstart their careers, and for continuing students needing academic advising. Read more here.
- Some of our basic advice fights college clichés: Don’t pull all-nighters, don’t skip meals, and don’t procrastinate. Stay active, take breaks, and get enough to sleep.
- HSU offers additional resources for mental, emotional, physical health. The Student Health Center offers counseling and health services, including advice for eliminating stress.
- Other stress-reducing offerings include yoga classes, meditation, mindfulness courses in the Library Brain Booth, puppy therapy, pancake dinners, and more.
It’s time to take steps for moving out, as well as planning ahead for students who want to live on campus next year. For more details about important upcoming deadlines and more information, visit the housing website.
Join the Conversation
» Parents & Family network
» Parents & Family website
Latest News from Campus
Sending your student off to college can take some getting used to. You want to be there for them every step of the way from the first moments on campus to graduation day. For the moments in between, Forever Humboldt offers special care packages. Help your student celebrate special occasions or pump up their spirits by sending them one through our special program. Visit the Care Package Program website to view all available options.