Please be sure to mark your calendars, and register now for the Fall 2013 Institute for Student Success, taking place at HSU on Thursday, January 16, 8am-4:30pm.
A few highlights include:
- Keynote workshop: Thomas Brown, Pathways to Persistence: How & Why YOU Matter to Student Success
- Choose from 12 afternoon workshops on a range of topics, geared toward both staff and faculty, including:
- Reframing "At Risk" to "High Potential": Supporting Student Achievement and Success
- Cooperative Learning: Using the Immediate Feedback Assessment Technique (IF-AT)
- Supporting HSU's Student Veterans
- Using Web-Based Activities to Enhance Classroom-Based Courses
- Happy Hour and Social Mixer, 4:30-6pm
This one-day professional development event for staff, faculty, and administrators incorporates conversations with experts, skill-building workshops, active discussion, and structured planning time for integrating new strategies into routine practice. The early registration deadline is December 19th.
I strongly encourage you to begin the new year and the Spring semester by taking advantage of this opportunity.
Rollin C. Richmond