Please be sure to mark your calendars, and register now for the Fall 2013 Institute for Student Success, taking place at HSU on Tuesday, August 20, 8:00am-4:30pm.
A few highlights include:
- Keynote workshop: Dr. Eric Mazur, Harvard University, Confessions of a Converted Lecturer
- Choose from 10 afternoon workshops on a range of topics, geared toward both staff and faculty, including:
- Special Session with Eric Mazur: Making Peer Instruction Work for You
- Nobody Taught Me That: Hidden Rules of the University & How They Impact Our Students
- But I Don't Work in a Classroom! Applying Mazur's Keynote Concepts to My Role as a Staff Member
- Happy Hour and Social Mixer, 4:30-6pm
This one-day professional development event for staff, faculty, and administrators incorporates conversations with experts, skill-building workshops, active discussion, and structured planning time for integrating new strategies into routine practice. The early registration deadline is May 24th.
I strongly encourage you to start off the 2013/14 school year by taking advantage of this opportunity.
Rollin C. Richmond