I am pleased to announce the formation of Humboldt State's Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Self-Study Steering Committee. This important committee, chaired by Professor Rock Braithwaite, Chair of the Department of Kinesiology & Recreation Administration, will provide leadership in preparing a report for our WASC accreditation reaffirmation, which is due in Spring 2017. Professor Braithwaite is joined by:
- Jená Burges, Vice Provost and Dean for Graduate and Undergraduate Studies (Accreditation Liaison Officer)>
- Joseph Diémé, Associate Professor, World Languages and Cultures
- Traci Ferdolage, Associate Vice President, Facilities Management
- Mary Glenn, Associate Dean, College of Professional Studies
- Izabella Gray, Administrative Analyst, Office of the Registrar
- Denice Helwig, Chief of Staff
- Robin Jones, Project Director, Enrollment Management
- Monty Mola, Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Dale Oliver, Professor, Department of Mathematics
- Sarah Fay Phillips, Librarian
- Marissa Ramsier, Lecturer, Department of Anthropology
- David Sleeth-Keppler, Assistant Professor, School of Business
- Andrew Stubblefield, Associate Professor, Department of Forestry & Wildland Resources
I am grateful for the expertise and participation of the committee members, who will help us evaluate campus-wide processes and systems that will define and assess the quality, integrity, and meaningfulness of our programs—and shape our work toward achieving the vision and strategic direction for our institution. Efforts of the committee will be closely tied with our strategic plan implementation.
Our liaison at WASC, Dr. Maureen Maloney, was on campus recently to outline the self-study process and meet with University leadership. She provided valuable insights into the Commission’s expectations, and she will be an important resource throughout the two-year process.
The University WASC website will be updated to reflect current events and timelines. The input and engagement of the entire University community will be critical as we work through the reaffirmation process.
I am grateful to Professor Braithwaite and the Steering Committee members for their leadership on this important effort.
Lisa A. Rossbacher, Ph.D.