Come visit the HSU Natural History Museum at 1242 G Street Arcata!
WE WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 9:00 P.M. FRIDAY, December 9th for HOLIDAY SHOPPING DURING ARTS ARCATA!
Our merchandise is fun and educational! We have rocks, magnets, fossils, exploratory kits, stuffed animals, experiments, microscopes, rock tumblers, and lots of indentification guides and books for all ages. For the holidays we have our Old World Christmas ornaments and great stocking stuffers.
WISH LIST: We depend on community support. Your financial and item contributions sustain the HSU Natural History Museum for our community. We are a non-profit organization.
- A new desktop computer (windows compatible)
- Quality wooden shelves or cabinets for books and specimens
- Bathroom wall cabinet (24"x32 or 36")
- Custom sign for the south facing museum wall
- Folding tables and chairs
- 2" self-standing non-illuminated magnifier
- Apple vga adapter for projector
- 12 volt battery for our Dewalt drill (model DW9072)
- New cash register
- 4-drawer filing cabinet
- rolling wooden stands or custom made wooden stands for heavy specimens (rolling either 12x12" or 12x16")
- Office supplies such as ink cartridges, laminate, sharpies, foam core, sturdy velcro, and much more!
Cash donations can be received in person, on the phone, or mailed to 1242 G. St., Arcata, CA 95521
Please call the front desk for more information!
Financial contributions are tax deductible and are always appreciated!
We hope to have school programs available Spring 2017 in our new Learning Laboratory (portable classroom). For more information on what we offer, please go to our programs link.
Our bee exhibit is temporarily closed. Our queen is healty, but the workers were out of food. We hope to have them back soon.
Can you spot the queen in this picture?
Thank you Dayna for painting our nautilus sign!
We have new store items!
The mission of the museum, through its collections, exhibits, and programs, is to inspire an understanding and appreciation of the dynamic natural world. By exploring the museum, we hope visitors are inspired to get out and explore other magical places in northwest California. We also hope to provide a learning laboratory for Humboldt State University students. Please take a tour and send any suggestions to the webmaster.