Our new and improved Education Programs are coming soon. Please check back with us soon.
EDUCATORS: We currently have teaching boxes available for checkout. We invite you to explore our virtual exhibits!
EARTH AND SPACE DISCOVERY DAY! 11am - 3 pm
SATURDAY, April 22nd list of activities:
Mini-eclipse activity, making a light spectrum, Big sun, small Earth, Bear's shadow, Orbiting Objects, Investigating Clouds, Imaging Life, Solar System Model, viewing through telescopes, looking a meteorties, Making a UV bracelet and band, and prizes every hour.
Below are resources for educators to use with their classrooms before or after your visit.
Visit the Exhibits page for downloadable resources
- Explore a Virtual Redwood Forest (HCOE)
- Redwood Forest Websearch (Fortuna Middle School)
- Save the Redwoods Educator Resources
- Redwood Resources for Educators (Michael Kauffmann)
- List of Outdoor Education Centers in the Redwoods
Geologic Time Resources
- National Geographic Prehistoric Time Line
- Geologic Time (PPPST.com)
- 6th Grade Geologic Time Resources (Fortuna Middle School)
Any suggestions for additional resources? Send them to the webmaster
Museum Scavenger Hunt for visits (coming soon)