At the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Humboldt State University (OLLI at HSU), everyone benefits from lifelong learning. Our mission is to create opportunities for academic engagement, civic involvement, personal growth and fun. By offering a myriad of classes and experiences for a vibrant community of learners aged 50 and better, OLLI delivers learning for a lifetime.
Members enjoy a diverse collection of year-round programs and
- Explore opportunities to learn, discover and travel.
- Discover new topics of interest or areas of enrichment.
- Enjoy dynamic and engaging instructors in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Join a thriving community of more than 1,300 like-minded learners.
Great Hall, Humboldt State University [MAP]
Everyone is welcome!
- Join or renew your membership (OLLI membership year runs from July 1-June 30).
- Meet faculty and learn more about the classes being offered.
- Discover new topics or areas of interest.
- Sign-up for classes and Special Interest Groups.
- Meet new friends and join a network of more than 1,300 community members.
- Free parking
- Know your HSU ID number or bring your student ID for faster service.
JOIN OR RENEW TODAY: (707) 826-5880
- It's time to renew your membership!
- A Place for You: From the OLLI Staff
- 6/24: Summer Open House
- 7/6: Book Arts Group (SIG)
- 7/11: Friends of Jung (SIG)
- 7/12: Early Days in Orick: 1850s-1970s; Sharing History So It Won't Repeat Itself; Soul Collage Group (SIG)
- 7/13: Humboldt History: Ancient, Medieval & Modern; Historic Trinidad
- 7/14: Humboldt County Reduced to 72 Square Feet
- 7/15: Cool Time in Old Town Today; Rocks, Redwoods, Lagoons & Wildlife
- 7/19: Book Arts: Books from a Single Sheet of Paper; How to Take Fabulous Travel Photos; Book Group (SIG)
- 7/20: Once There Was...Oral Storytelling; Drawing Demystified
- 7/21: Learn a Dance from a Classical Ballet; Photographs & Truth in the Age of Alternative Facts
- 7/22: Photographic Journey of Humboldt; The Legend of Georgia McBride
- 7/26: Restoration & Renewal of Redwood National & State Parks; Hiking Humboldt's Redwood Forest
- 7/27: A Life at Sea; Riding the Waves of Climate Change
- 7/28: Stream Channels vs. Tidal Channels; Climate Change: Facts, Fiction & Controversy
- 7/29: Hiking Humboldt's Redwood Parks