At the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Humboldt State University (OLLI at HSU), everyone benefits from lifelong learning. Our mission is to create opportunities for academic engagement, civic involvement, personal growth and fun. By offering a myriad of classes and experiences for a vibrant community of learners aged 50 and better, OLLI delivers learning for a lifetime.
Members enjoy a diverse collection of year-round programs and
- Explore opportunities to learn, discover and travel.
- Discover new topics of interest or areas of enrichment.
- Enjoy dynamic and engaging instructors in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Join a thriving community of more than 1,300 like-minded learners.
Follow your passion with lifelong learning!
Tell us what you need!
We continue to add courses to meet the needs of our members. What learning opportunities would enrich your life? Let us know how we can inspire you to follow your passion with lifelong learning: E-mail OLLI or call (707) 826-5880.
- $35/year (July 1-June 30)
Member Benefits include:
- Discounts and first priority registration on OLLI classes
- HSU student ID card with HSU library, database and computer lab privileges
- HSU Bookstore discounts on computers and software
- An HSU e-mail account and access to the Student Center through myHumboldt
- Discounted Jack Pass for $60/semester for unlimited access on AMRTS, Redwood Transit and Eureka Transit System buses
- Use of HSU Student Recreation Center for $58 per term
- Option to participate in OLLI Special Interest Groups
JOIN OR RENEW TODAY: (707) 826-5880
- 4/24: Brown Bag Lunch: The Role of Art in Promoting Culture
- 4/27: Ballet for Adults
- 4/28: Chautauqua: Rio Dell-Scotia
- 5/1: Brown Bag Lunch: The Art & "Kraft" of Downsizing; Ballet for Adults
- 5/2: Images of Araby
- 5/6: On the Ground in Lacks Creek; Zentangle: Beyond the Basics; Movement: Essential Foundation to Fitness
- 5/8: Gentle Yoga; Swept Away: Film Screen & Discussion; Brown Bag Lunch: Hospice of Humboldt
- 5/10: Shakespeare Festival: Henry IV
- 5/11: Skepticism: Ancient to Modern
- 5/13: Covering the Bald Hills
- 5/15: Brown Bag Lunch: Accessing Library Resources Online; Take A Ride on the Wild Side
- 5/16: Citizen's Guide to the Constitution
- 5/20: Striking Structures of Humboldt County
- 5/21: Conversations on Transportation - JackPass
- 5/22: Brown Bag Lunch: Redwood Coast Village Community Meeting
- 5/24: Shakespeare Festival: The Odyssey
- 6/14: Discover Salmon Pass of Headwaters Forest