At the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Humboldt State University (OLLI at HSU), everyone benefits from lifelong learning. Our mission is to create opportunities for academic engagement, civic involvement, personal growth and fun. By offering a myriad of classes and experiences for a vibrant community of learners aged 50 and better, OLLI delivers learning for a lifetime.
Members enjoy a diverse collection of year-round programs and
- Explore opportunities to learn, discover and travel.
- Discover new topics of interest or areas of enrichment.
- Enjoy dynamic and engaging instructors in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Join a thriving community of more than 1,300 like-minded learners.
- $35/year (July 1-June 30)
Member Benefits include:
- Discounts and first priority registration on OLLI classes
- HSU student ID card with HSU library, database and computer lab privileges
- HSU Bookstore discounts on computers and software
- An HSU e-mail account and access to the Student Center through myHumboldt
- Discounted Jack Pass for $60/semester for unlimited access on AMRTS, Redwood Transit and Eureka Transit System buses
- Use of HSU Student Recreation Center for $58 per term
- Option to participate in OLLI Special Interest Groups
JOIN OR RENEW TODAY: (707) 826-5880
- It's time to renew your membership!
- A Place for You: From the OLLI Staff
- 7/6: Book Arts Group (SIG)
- 7/11: Friends of Jung (SIG)
- 7/12: Early Days in Orick: 1850s-1970s; Sharing History So It Won't Repeat Itself; Soul Collage Group (SIG)
- 7/13: Humboldt History: Ancient, Medieval & Modern; Historic Trinidad
- 7/14: Humboldt County Reduced to 72 Square Feet
- 7/15: Cool Time in Old Town Today; Rocks, Redwoods, Lagoons & Wildlife
- 7/19: Book Arts: Books from a Single Sheet of Paper; How to Take Fabulous Travel Photos; Book Group (SIG)
- 7/20: Once There Was...Oral Storytelling; Drawing Demystified
- 7/21: Learn a Dance from a Classical Ballet; Photographs & Truth in the Age of Alternative Facts
- 7/22: Photographic Journey of Humboldt; The Legend of Georgia McBride
- 7/26: Restoration & Renewal of Redwood National & State Parks; Hiking Humboldt's Redwood Forest
- 7/27: A Life at Sea; Riding the Waves of Climate Change
- 7/28: Stream Channels vs. Tidal Channels; Climate Change: Facts, Fiction & Controversy
- 7/29: Hiking Humboldt's Redwood Parks