At the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Humboldt State University (OLLI at HSU), everyone benefits from lifelong learning. Our mission is to create opportunities for academic engagement, civic involvement, personal growth and fun. By offering a myriad of classes and experiences for a vibrant community of learners aged 50 and better, OLLI delivers learning for a lifetime.
Members enjoy a diverse collection of year-round programs and
- Explore opportunities to learn, discover and travel.
- Discover new topics of interest or areas of enrichment.
- Enjoy dynamic and engaging instructors in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Join a thriving community of more than 1,300 like-minded learners.
- $35/year (July 1-June 30)
Member Benefits include:
- Discounts and first priority registration on OLLI classes
- HSU student ID card with HSU library, database and computer lab privileges
- HSU Bookstore discounts on computers and software
- An HSU e-mail account and access to the Student Center through myHumboldt
- Discounted Jack Pass for $60/semester for unlimited access on AMRTS, Redwood Transit and Eureka Transit System buses
- Use of HSU Student Recreation Center for $58 per term
- Option to participate in OLLI Special Interest Groups
JOIN OR RENEW TODAY: (707) 826-5880
- A Place for You: From the OLLI Director
- 9/20: Chair Yoga; Book Group SIG; Conscious Aging Conversations SIG
- 9/21: Balance & Fall Prevention
- 9/22: Basic Tap Dance
- 9/25: Photographs in the Age of Alternative Facts; Brown Bag Lunch: HealthSPORT
- 9/26: Bridge Playing SIG
- 9/27: Bridge for Intermediates; Trinity Alps & Marble Mountain Wilderness Areas
- 9/28: Birding 101; iPad as your Entertainment Center
- 9/30: What is Physical Therapy?; A Walk in the Park
- 10/1: Marine Life of the North Coast
- 10/2: Brown Bag Lunch: Advance Directives
- 10/3: Islam: Triumphs & Tragedies; Ballroom Rumba; Senior Flash Mob; Finding the Lost Coast; Utah Rocks: Visual Tour of 5 National Parks
- 10/4: OLLI Pilates Plus
- 10/5: Belly Dance for ALL Bodies; Rewiring Your Brain for Lasting Happiness; Cuba for Beginners
- 10/7: Roots of Native American Genocide;Belly Dancing for ALL Bodies
- 10/8: Pickleball for Beginners