At the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Humboldt State University (OLLI at HSU), everyone benefits from lifelong learning. Our mission is to create opportunities for academic engagement, civic involvement, personal growth and fun. By offering a myriad of classes and experiences for a vibrant community of learners aged 50 and better, OLLI delivers learning for a lifetime.
Members enjoy a diverse collection of year-round programs and
- Explore opportunities to learn, discover and travel.
- Discover new topics of interest or areas of enrichment.
- Enjoy dynamic and engaging instructors in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Join a thriving community of more than 1,300 like-minded learners.
Follow your passion with lifelong learning!
Tell us what you need!
We continue to add courses to meet the needs of our members. What learning opportunities would enrich your life? Let us know how we can inspire you to follow your passion with lifelong learning: E-mail OLLI or call (707) 826-5880.
Call (707) 826-5880 or join online.
- Those aged 50 and better are eligible to join at $35 per year.
- Memberships run July 1 to June 30 of each year.
- Member benefits include discounts and first priority registration on classes; an HSU student ID card with HSU library, database and computer lab privileges; an HSU e-mail account; option to participate in Special Interest Groups; 20% discount on select Center Arts events sponsored by OLLI; student discounts at a variety of locations throughout Humboldt County and beyond; and more.
- OLLI classes are designed for lifelong learners aged 50 and better, but are open to all learners over 18. Non-members pay an additional charge per class and are enrolled as space allows.
- 9/26: Shakespeare Festival: Hamlet; Brown Bag Lunch - Alzheimer's Challenge
- 10/1: Finding Eureka on Foot: A Tour of Historic Old Town
- 10/3: A Food Plan for Metabolic Health; Gentle Yoga; Brown Bag Lunch - Journey Back to Vietnam
- 10/4: iPhone Basics; Islam: A Faith Misrepresented; Smartphones: The Why & What
- 10/5: Contract Bridge for Beginners; Contract Bridge for Intermediates; OLLI Pilates Plus
- 10/6: Art, Spirituality and Healing; Beyond the Checkered Board: Commands and Colors - Ancients
- 10/8: African Song Circle; Community Media Center Orientation; Movement: Essential Foundation to Fitness; Shakespeare Festival Trip: Hamlet
- 10/9: Natural History of the North Coast
- 10/10: Hud: Film & Discussion; Brown Bag Lunch - Humboldt Patient Resource Center
- 10/11: Drawing Essentials: The Foundations of Form; iPhone Intermediate; The Geology Beneath Our Coastal Waters
- 10/12: The Jonathan & Amelia Lyons Family in the Bald Hills: 1860s-1960s
- 10/13: Drawing Essentials: Shading
- 10/15: Behind the Scenes: History of the Arkley Center; Celebrating Life: Day of the Dead/Día de Los Muertos; Islam's Contributions to Modernity; Joy's Rustic Garden
- 10/17: Support Series for A Food Plan for Metabolic Health; Brown Bag Lunch - November Ballot Issues
- 10/19: Art Essentials: Learn to Be Creative!