At the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Humboldt State University (OLLI at HSU), everyone benefits from lifelong learning. Our mission is to create opportunities for academic engagement, civic involvement, personal growth and fun. By offering a myriad of classes and experiences for a vibrant community of learners aged 50 and better, OLLI delivers learning for a lifetime.
Members enjoy a diverse collection of year-round programs and
- Explore opportunities to learn, discover and travel.
- Discover new topics of interest or areas of enrichment.
- Enjoy dynamic and engaging instructors in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Join a thriving community of more than 1,300 like-minded learners.
*Adobe Reader required
SPRING OPEN HOUSE:
JAN. 20, 1-3 P.M.
Sequoia Conference Center, 901 Myrtle Ave., Eureka
Join or renew your membership (OLLI membership year runs from July 1-June 30).
Know your HSU ID number or bring your student ID for faster service.
- Meet faculty and learn more about the classes being offered.
- Discover new topics or areas of interest.
- Sign-up for fall classes and Special Interest Groups.
- Meet new friends and join a network of more than 1,300 community members.
- Refreshments will be served.
JOIN OR RENEW TODAY: (707) 826-5880
- 1/20: Spring Open House
- 1/29: Tai Chi Made EZ; Brown Bag Lunch: Hospice of Humboldt
- 1/30: 50 Years of Occupation; Traditional Storytelling
- 2/1: In Search of Charles Darwin; Book Arts: The Basics; Book Arts: Tattered Pages Group; Deadline: Summer 2018 Course Proposals
- 2/2: Basic Tap Dance; History of the Trinidad Head Lighthouse
- 2/3: Mindset: Foundation of Fitness
- 2/5: Acting Up: Fundamentals of Acting; Chair Yoga; Yoga; Just Sing!; Brown Bag Lunch: Peace Corps
- 2/6: Friends of Jung; Ballet for Adults; Close To The Bone: Writing From The Inside Out
- 2/7: Why Own a Smartphone?; Just Sing 2 ; Acting Up 2
- 2/8: Gustav Klimt & Auguste Rodin
- 2/10: iPhone Basics; The Nature Connection
- 2/11: Beginning Pickleball: Skills & Drills (Option 1)
- 2/12: Brown Bag Lunch: Mysterious Beads
- 2/13: Sufis: Islam's Wanderers & Poets; Book Arts: The Bradel Binding; Understanding Modernism; Boomer Troupe Chorus