At the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Humboldt State University (OLLI at HSU), everyone benefits from lifelong learning. Our mission is to create opportunities for academic engagement, civic involvement, personal growth and fun. By offering a myriad of classes and experiences for a vibrant community of learners aged 50 and better, OLLI delivers learning for a lifetime.
Members enjoy a diverse collection of year-round programs and
- Explore opportunities to learn, discover and travel.
- Discover new topics of interest or areas of enrichment.
- Enjoy dynamic and engaging instructors in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Join a thriving community of more than 1,300 like-minded learners.
Follow your passion with lifelong learning!
Tell us what you need!
We continue to add courses to meet the needs of our members. What learning opportunities would enrich your life? Let us know how we can inspire you to follow your passion with lifelong learning: E-mail OLLI or call (707) 826-5880.
Call (707) 826-5880 or join online.
- Those aged 50 and better are eligible to join at $35 per year.
- Memberships run July 1 to June 30 of each year.
- Member benefits include discounts and first priority registration on classes; an HSU student ID card with HSU library, database and computer lab privileges; an HSU e-mail account; option to participate in Special Interest Groups; 20% discount on select Center Arts events sponsored by OLLI; student discounts at a variety of locations throughout Humboldt County and beyond; and more.
- OLLI classes are designed for lifelong learners aged 50 and better, but are open to all learners over 18. Non-members pay an additional charge per class and are enrolled as space allows.
- 12/3: Intro to Zentangle;The Anarchy: Empress Maud Fights King Stephen
- 12/5: Gentle Yoga; Brown Bag Lunch - Loleta Cheese Factory
- 12/6: Serengeti & the Tanzanian Wilds: Tour Without Airfare
- 12/12: Brown Bag Lunch - Redwood Coast Village
- 12/13: Behind the Scenes: Costume Design; Chocolate: Handcrafting as an Art & a Business
- 12/14: Behind the Scenes: Prop Design & Creation