Below are several resources including lifelong learning books and web links, HSU websites, community events calendars, community web resources, and links to HSU OLLI forms.
Humboldt State University Resources & Events
- Humboldt State University Main Website
- HSU College of eLearning & Extended Education
- HSU Now: News/events at Humboldt State University
- HSU Music Dept. Performance Calendar
- HSU Athletics
- HSU Library
- HSU Bookstore
- Schatz Energy Research Center
- KEET TV-13 Special Events
- North Coast Journal Weekly Calendar of Events
- Eureka Chamber of Commerce calendar
- Humboldtmusic.com Community Music Calendar
- Humguide Movie Theater Listings
- Humboldt Folklife Society Upcoming Events
- Eureka Symphony Concert Schedule
- Humboldt Jazz Calendar
- First Thursday Film Night at Morris Graves Museum
- Area Agency on Aging of Del Norte & Humboldt Counties: Online senior resource guide and other resources for seniors
- Humboldt Senior Resource Center Many services offered.
- VCOR (Volunteer Center of the Redwoods) and RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program) provide volunteer opportunities, leadership and volunteer support resources in Humboldt and Del Norte counties
- Arcata Elder Village is dedicated to encouraging discussion of senior issues.
- American Association for Retired Persons (AARP): Information about AARP programs and general information for seniors
- American Society on Aging: Dedicated to enhancing knowledge and skills of those working with older adults and their families. Publications and conferences
- AssistedLivingFacilities.org Information on over 36,100 state-licensed assisted living facilities and explanations of the the rules and regulations of each state.
- Association for Gerontology in Higher Education: AGHE is dedicated to advancing gerontology as a field of study in institutions of higher learning
- The Elders are an independent group of eminent global leaders, brought together by Nelson Mandela, who offer their collective influence and experience to support peace building, help address major causes of human suffering and promote the shared interests of humanity.
- Gerontological Society of America: GSA "provides researchers, educators, practitioners, and policy makers with opportunities to understand, advance, integrate, and use basic and applied research on aging to improve the quality of life as one ages." Conferences, publications, employment opportunities, newsletter, notices of grants and fellowships
- National Council on Aging (NCOA): a national network of organizations and individuals "dedicated to improving the health and independence of older persons and increasing their continuing contributions to communities, society and future generations." Website offers links to publications, jobs, events, advocacy, research and more.
- Senior Legal Hotline: Free legal advice and brief services by phone to California residents 60 and over. Also includes links to similar organizations in other states.
- TED: Ideas Worth Sharing: Riveting talks by remarkable people, free to the world.
- United Nations Program on Aging: UN principles for older persons, calendar of international events, challenges and opportunities, international action, latest intergovernmental actions on aging
- Road Scholar: Adventures in Lifelong Learning
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- OLLI NEWS
- PARTICIPATE IN OLLI
- FRIENDS OF OLLI
- OLLI PARTNERS
- OLLI FORMS
- HSU E-MAIL & STUDENT CENTER
- OLLI CLASSES WITH FIELDTRIPS
- GIFT MEMBERSHIPS