OLLI Special Interest Groups
Special Interest Groups are for OLLI members only, and students are required to pay a per-session or yearly fee. To join any of the groups listed below, include the course number on your OLLI registration form or contact the OLLI office for more information: 707-826-5880.
Groups are held at the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center in Eureka.
- Tattered Pages - Book Arts Group: Explore the exciting world of creative book binding, altering existing books, decorating pages and much more. The meetings feature show-and-tell; demonstrations; techniques and tips; problem solving; discussions about materials and resources and lots of fun! Meets 10 a.m.-1 p.m., second Thurs. of each month. Group leader: Gisela Rohde. ($10, 27763; $25/year, 27770)
- Friends of Jung: More than a monthly philosophical discussion or theoretical discourse, it’s a deeper conversation. Topics have included movies about Jung, Jungian books, dreamwork, archetypal presentations and art processes. This is a peer-led group, so anyone can suggest a topic, and everyone with an interest or curiosity about things Jungian is welcome. Meets 10 a.m.-noon, first Tues. of each month. Group leader: Barbara Clark. ($10, 27758; $25/year, 27765)
- The OLLI Book Group: Choose and discuss great books from all genres. All readers are welcome. Meets 5-7 p.m., third Wed. of each month. Group leader: Sharon Campbell ($10, 27760; $25/year, 27767)
- The Soul Collage® Group: This group brings collage materials and then uses Seena Frost’s process for discussing the collages created that morning. Two members of the group are trained SoulCollage® facilitators. Meets 10 a.m.-noon, second Wed. of each month. Group leader: Lynn Marchand. ($10, 27759; $25/year, 27766)
- Writing Group: This group is an offshoot of the OLLI course “Writing as a Spiritual Journey.” Meets 1-3 p.m. every other Tues. Group leader: Claire Josefine. (Spring 2015: THIS GROUP IS FULL)
- Writing Critique: This group is for writers who want to comment upon and receive others’ comments on their writing projects, in hopes of becoming more consistently productive and improving the final product. Meets 2-4 p.m. every other Wed. Group leader: Darlene Marlow. (THIS GROUP IS FULL)
- Bridge Playing Group: Play bridge with other OLLI bridge players. A fun and easy place to play contract bridge and meet more bridge players. All levels welcome; you don’t need to bring a partner. Meets 3-5:30 p.m., last available Tues. of each month. Group leader: Bob Fornes. ($10, 27762; $25/year, 27769)
- Travel Group: Do you like to travel? Explore options and possibilities. Meets Wednesdays, TBA. Group Leader: John Palmquist. ($10, 27896; $25/year, 27897)