OLLI Special Interest Groups
Special Interest Groups are for OLLI members only, and students are required to pay a per-session or yearly fee. To join any of the groups listed below, include the course number on your OLLI registration form or contact the OLLI office for more information: 707-826-5880.
Groups are held at the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center in Eureka.
- Tattered Pages - Book Arts Group: Join us in exploring the exciting world of creative book binding, altering existing books, decorating pages and much more. The meetings feature show-and-tell; demonstrations; techniques and tips; problem solving; discussions about materials and resources and lots of fun! Meets second Thursday of the month, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Group leader: Gisela Rohde. (Starts Sept. 10. $10, 47470; $25/year, 47477)
- Friends of Jung: This monthly group focuses on Carl Jung’s concept of Self and Individuation. Varied topics are presented by members, and sessions include personal sharing and experiential learning. We are interested in a deeper understanding of ourselves and others and create a safe environment for discussion. Reading some of Jung's writings and writings of other Jungian analysts would be helpful. Meets 10 a.m.-noon, first Tuesday of each month. Group leader: Barbara Clark. (Starts Sept. 1. $10, 47465; $25/year, 47472)
- The OLLI Book Group: Choose and discuss great books from all genres. All readers are welcome. Meets 5-7 p.m., third Wednesday of each month. Group leader: Sharon Campbell (Starts Aug. 19. $10, 47467; $25/year, 47474)
- The Soul Collage® Group: This group brings collage materials and then uses Seena Frost’s process for discussing the collages created that morning. Meets 10 a.m.-noon, second Wednesday of each month. Group leader: Lynn Marchand. (Starts Aug. 12. $10, 47466; $25/year, 47473)
- Writing Critique: This group is for writers who want to comment upon and receive others’ comments on their writing projects, in hopes of becoming more consistently productive and improving the final product. Meets 2-4 p.m. every other Wednesday. Group leader: Darlene Marlow. (Starts Aug. 12. $20, 47468; $50/year, 47475)
- Bridge Playing Group: Play bridge with other OLLI bridge players. A fun and easy place to play contract bridge and meet more bridge players. All levels welcome; you don’t need to bring a partner. Meets 3-5:30 p.m., last available Tues. of each month. Group leader: Bob Fornes. (Starts Aug. 25. $10, 47469; $25/year, 47476)
- Travel Group: Do you like to travel? Do you want to start traveling? Explore the options and possibilities. Meets the fourth Wednesday of the month, 4-6 p.m.. Group Leader: John Palmquist. (Starts Sept. 30. $10, 47471; $25/year, 47478)