Humboldt State University!
PLEASE BE AWARE: If you do not secure your intent to enroll and registering for orientation by MAY 1st, your provisional admission to HSU will be revoked. Please do not miss this deadline.
Freshmen students (HOP):
- March 1st - May 1st Registration. Register in the lower right hand corner of your Student Center by clicking "Orientation". See the fees communicated on your account to confirm that you completed the module.
- Mandatory three-day on-campus session: August 17-19, 2016
- Schedule will be uploaded closer the date via this link.
- Activities start at 8:00am on August 19th at the University Center Quad in the heart of campus
- Parking permit will be available in August . Please bring with you.
- Prioritize attending an outdoor orientation. The optional Humboldt Outdoor Leadership Program (HOWL) trip as well as shorter and family-friendly outdoor orientations are available through HSUs Center Activities are recommended for those interested in the outdoors
- Families and guests will not attend orientation sessions with students. We offer a concurrent Family & Guest Orientation on August 17-18. See the Family & Guest Orientation schedule here.
- Please save a tree and do not print. Families will receive schedules at check-in on Tuesday, August 18, 8am-5pm at Housing move-in. Those interested must be registered and with submitted payment prior to arriving to campus.
- Class Registration window*: June 20- July 1, 2016
- Open to freshmen who have met all deadlines, including the orientation sign-up deadline
- On-campus August HOP is mandatory. Class registration is not a substitute for the on-campus HOP session
- Students who have not met all Admissions deadlines will register for classes in August during HOP
- Travel not required. Class registration can be done on any computer with internet access
- HOP registration and on-campus sessions are only available to incoming freshmen who reserve their space for orientation in Student Center before May 1, 2016.
Transfer students (HOOP):
- All transfers to HSU will go through the Humboldt Online Orientation Program (HOOP).
- Please visit our HOOP page now for all of the details. You can download the HOOP checklist there
- Optional Outdoor Adventures with Center Activities are available in August.
HOOP is designed for both incoming freshman and transfer students for the spring 2016 semester.
To secure your space in HOOP, you must confirm your intent to enroll at HSU in your Student Center. There is no separate sign-up for HOOP. You will automatically be enrolled in HOOP based on your confirmation of intent to enroll.
HOOP will open at 9am on Monday, December 7-Friday, December 11, 2016. All HOOP steps must be completed online during this window.
We are not able to open the orientation before or have it remain open after this window. If you wish to attend HSU in the spring, please be sure to complete the entire process during this week.
HOOP is completed entirely online. You will register for classes as the final step of HOOP. All new students register after currently-enrolled students register for classes. To learn more about the steps, please click on the HOOP link on the right.
The mission of the Humboldt Orientation Program is to communicate what it means to be a member of the Humboldt State community consistent with the university’s mission to maintain academic excellence, prepare students to be socially responsible members of diverse societies, and teach students to use their education to make a positive difference in the world.
Adobe Acrobat Reader Required