Orientation & New Student Programs
- Have your HSU ID# handy before you place your call
- HOP Peer Counselors answer the orientation phone line. They want to support you and your decision to attend HSU. Be prepared to receive mentorship from them on a variety of topics, including:
- reminders to check & read emails, especially if your call informs us that you have not been reading emails from HSU
- coaching on college success strategies, such as collegial & clear communication, and meeting deadlines
- Write down any orientation-related questions before your call so that you don't forget any of them
- We are a very small office and high call volumes during some weeks of the year. Please be patient with us and be sure to leave a voicemail message if you do not reach someone directly. We return calls within 24 hours.
- Your voicemail message must contain your name, HSU ID#, and a phone number to insure that you receive a timely return call
- We encourage you to always write down the name of the HSU representative that you speak with and their direct telephone number and keep those records.