Fall 2014 Dates & Fees
- Be sure that you are regularly checking the email account that you supplied to HSU. It is the one listed in your Student Center. Your humboldt.edu email is NOT activated
- Regularly sign into your myHumboldt at humboldt.edu/myhumboldt. You log into Student Center, Moodle, and other applications via myHumboldt.
- Move-in day for residence halls: August 19; August 18 if you require testing
- Fall Classes Begin: Monday, August 25
- Welcome Home to Humboldt: August 25 - September 5
Transfer Students - HOOP (mandatory) - follow steps in order
- Check that you have met all transfer deadlines included in your Admissions packet.
- Sign up for your orientation session. The sign-up function in Student Center will be enabled on March 3 for eligible students and is mandatory for all incoming transfers. The deadline to sign-up is July 11.
- You are required to complete the Humboldt Online Orientation Program (HOOP). Please visit the "HOOP" link on the right in order to learn about the process now, which includes advising & registering for classes.
Freshmen - HOP (mandatory) - follow steps in order
- Check that you have met all freshmen deadlines included in your Admissions packet.
- Sign-up for your orientation session. The sign-up function in Student Center will be enabled on March 3 and is mandatory for all incoming freshmen. The deadline to sign-up is May 1.
- Family & Guest Orientation sign-up is available during this step.
- *Registration window open to freshmen who have met all deadlines. Freshmen who have not met deadlines - such as no ELM/EPT scores - will register in August during the HOP session.
- Tuition and fees will be due upon registration of classes. Balances owed will be displayed in your Student Center.
- You will review and finalize your schedule with help from peer counselors, professional staff, and faculty members during HOP.
- Mandatory activities take place throughout each day.
- HOP begins on August 20 at 8am and ends on August 22 at 5pm. No exceptions will be granted.
- Missing any mandatory HOP activities may affect your admission status at Humboldt State.
- Family members and guests are not invited to attend any HOP activities. Sign-up interested family members or guests for our optional Family & Guest Orientation.
Family members & guests - FG (optional)
- Three-day session: August 20-22
- Student signs up interested family members and guests during orientation sign-up process in Student Center: March 3-May 1.
- Family and guests are not invited to attend HOP activities with their student.
- Family & Guest Orientation is optional and is available at a cost of $40 per person.
- Family & Guest Orientation reservations may be cancelled if payment is not made by the due date.
- Family & Guest Orientation charges are non-refundable if cancellations are not made by August 1.
- Official itinerary will be available during check-in.
Orientation Fees for Students
- A one-time non-refundable $50.00 Student Orientation, Advising & Registration fee is included in the first-semester fees of all new Humboldt students upon course registration.
- The fee will be charged along with HSU tuition and fees. If you register for classes but do not attend HSU, the $50 will not be refunded.
- This fee covers all advising and registration services and a university catalog.
- Please check your Student Center regularly for any outstanding balances. For information on all HSU fees, please go to Financial Aid.
Cancellation and Change Policy
- All reservations must be made by May 1 or your admission to HSU will be revoked.
Family Refund Policy: You are only eligible to receive a refund for Family & Guest orientation charges if they are cancelled via our online reservation change form before August 1, 2014.
HOP Student Refund Policy: The $50 orientation fee is a nonrefundable fee. The fee is charged to you as part of our tuition and fees after you register for classes. If you register for classes you are responsible for this fee, even if you later do not attend Humboldt State, despite any change in your admission status.
- If you wish to cancel the student orientation reservation, you must submit an electronic reservation change form. Cancelling does not permit you to receive a refund to your orientation fee if you have registered for classes.
- You may make changes to your family's reservation before August 1, 2014. We must receive any change or cancellation requests via our online reservation change form
- You are not eligible to receive a refund after completing orientation, despite any change in your admission status.