Humboldt State University

First Year Connections

Humboldt Orientation Program

  • Outdoor Adventures
  • Humboldt Outdoor Wilderness Leadership Program

Housing & Meals


  • The Housing Office at Humboldt State will communicate with you directly about move-in dates and instructions. Please be sure to check email regularly so that you don't miss important news and deadlines.
  • On-campus housing is NOT available during HOP to students living off-campus during the academic year. Also, families/guests may not stay in the residence halls as students will be moving into their permanent rooms.
  • Questions about HSU housing should be directed to the HSU Housing Office at 707.826.3451 or
  • To learn more about lodging in and traveling to Arcata, please visit the link on the left "Traveling to Arcata".


  • For those living on-campus, you may use your J points during the HOP session.
  • For those living off-campus in Fall, individual meals may be purchased at the door of the ā€œJā€ cafeteria on the third floor of Jolly Giant Commons. The ā€œJā€ offers a la carte menu items, which can be purchased with J points, cash or credit.
  • Some complimentary refreshments are available during the HOP and Family & Guest Orientation sessions.