Welcome to Humboldt State University!
PLEASE BE AWARE: Due to the state of the California budget, admitted students who do not comply with ALL deadlines and testing requirements will not be allowed to attend HSU. Don't miss out!
Freshmen students (HOP): Sign up for your hop session march 2-may 1, 2015
- Mandatory three-day on-campus session: August 19-21, 2015
- See a draft schedule now. Official itinerary will be available during check-in and will be available for viewing on this website in August
- Activities start at 8:00am on August 19th at the University Center Quad in the heart of campus
- Parking permit will be available in August . Please bring with you.
- Prioritize attending an outdoor orientation. The optional Humboldt Outdoor Leadership Program (HOWL) trip as well as shorter and family-friendly outdoor orientations are available through HSUs Center Activities are recommended for those interested in the outdoors
- Families and guests will not attend orientation sessions with students. We offer a concurrent Family & Guest Orientation on August 19-August 20. See a draft schedule now. Those interested must be registered and with submitted payment prior to arriving to campus.
- Class Registration window*: June 15-26, 2015
- Open to freshmen who have met all deadlines, including the orientation sign-up deadline
- On-campus August HOP is mandatory. Class registration is not a substitute for the on-campus HOP session
- Students who have not met all Admissions deadlines will register for classes in August during HOP
- Travel not required. Class registration can be done on any computer with internet access
- HOP registration and on-campus sessions are only available to incoming freshmen who reserve their space for orientation in Student Center before May 1, 2015. Don't miss out! Click on the green "sign up now" button to read the instructions on how to sign up.
Transfer students (HOOP):
- All transfers to HSU will go through the Humboldt Online Orientation Program (HOOP).
- Please visit our HOOP page now for all of the details. You can download the HOOP checklist there
- Optional Outdoor Adventures with Center Activities are available in August.
The mission of the Humboldt Orientation Program is to communicate what it means to be a member of the Humboldt State community consistent with the university’s mission to maintain academic excellence, prepare students to be socially responsible members of diverse societies, and teach students to use their education to make a positive difference in the world.
Adobe Acrobat Reader Required