Welcome to Humboldt State University!
PLEASE BE AWARE: Due to the state of the California budget, admitted students who do not comply with ALL deadlines and testing requirements will not be allowed to attend HSU. Don't miss out!
Congratulations on your admission to Humboldt State!
All incoming freshman and transfer students for the spring 2015 semester will complete the Humboldt Online Orientation Program (HOOP).
- HOOP will take place on Monday, December 8-Friday, December 12, 2014.
- HOOP is completed entirely online and done so prior to coming to campus or registering for classes. Registering for classes is the final step of HOOP.
- You must complete all HOOP steps during this window. Please click ont he HOOP link on the right to read about all of the steps and learn how to access the course in Moodle when it opens in December.
- In order to participate in HOOP and attend HSU in the spring, you must confirm your intent to enroll at HSU in Student Center no later than Friday, November 14, 2014.
Please refer to the HOOP page and call the Office of Admissions at 1.866.850.9556 if you have additional questions about your transition to Humboldt State. We look forward to seeing you this spring!
*Fall 2015 will be updated in December 2014-January 2015**
Freshmen students (HOP): Sign up for your hop session march 3-may 1, 2014
- Mandatory three-day on-campus session: August 20-22, 2014
- Official itinerary will be available during check-in. See the 2014 HOP schedule here
- Activities start at 8:00am on August 20th at the University Center Quad in the heart of campus
- Parking permit available. Please bring with you.
- Optional Humboldt Outdoor Leadership Program (HOWL) trip and other outdoor activities with Center Activities are recommended for those interested in the outdoors
- Families and guests will not attend orientation sessions with students. We offer a concurrent Family & Guest Orientation. Those interested must be registered and submitted payment prior to arriving to campus. See the draft 2014 Family and Guest Orientation Schedule. You should plan to only follow the official schedule that will be provided to you upon arrival as changes are sometimes made just before the session begins.
- Class Registration window*: June 16-27, 2014
- Open to freshmen who have met all deadlines
- On-campus August HOP is mandatory. Class registration is not a substitute for the on-campus HOP session
- Students who have not met all Admissions deadlines will register for classes in August during HOP
- Travel not required. Class registration can be done on any computer with internet access
- Download a printable calendar of important HOP dates (available in mid-spring)
- HOP registration and on-campus sessions are only available to incoming freshmen who reserve their space for orientation in Student Center before May 1, 2014. Don't miss out! Click on the green "sign up now" button to read the instructions on how to sign up.
Transfer students (HOOP):
- All transfers to HSU will go through the Humboldt Online Orientation Program (HOOP).
- Please visit our HOOP page now for all of the details. You can download the HOOP checklist there
- Optional Outdoor Adventures with Center Activities are available in August.
The mission of the Humboldt Orientation Program is to communicate what it means to be a member of the Humboldt State community consistent with the university’s mission to maintain academic excellence, prepare students to be socially responsible members of diverse societies, and teach students to use their education to make a positive difference in the world.
Adobe Acrobat Reader Required