Like all CSU campuses, Humboldt State uses the CSU system-wide PeopleSoft Financial System (CFS) for financial business processes like cash deposits, procurement, vendor payments, expense transfers, and travel reimbursement. The Chancellor’s Office has scheduled an upgrade to a more current version of CFS for this April.
For this reason, CFS will not be available from April 15 at noon until April 22 at noon. Business Services will continue to process requests from the campus until the noon deadline. During this scheduled downtime, we will not be able to:
• Process checks or payments, including travel advances and reimbursements
• Enter or process purchase requisitions
• Process vendor payments
• Process budget or expenditure transfers
CFS activities that can be done during the upgrade:
• Approve invoices for payment
• Send in requests for expense transfers
• Send in reimbursement claims
• Make purchases using ProCard or through OfficeMax
ProCard reconciliations will follow the normal schedule for the month of April, with the deadline to turn in reconciliations extended from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on April 25th.
The CFS (system-wide) and the HSU Data Warehouse's information will be dated April 15, and will be available throughout the upgrade process; however, the financial information will only be updated once the upgrade is complete.
Other than the CFS system downtime, campus users should experience minimal changes to the look-and-feel of the software (for example, slight color changes). The purpose of the upgrade is to:
• Allow the CSU to remain within Oracle’s (PeopleSoft’s) support program
• Position the CSU to enable more modules and features at a later date
Business Services will attend upcoming Academic ASC (Info Exchange), Administrative ASC (SASS), and Budget & Finance meetings to demonstrate the changes and to answer questions. If you would like them to attend one of your college or department meetings or have questions about the upgrade, please contact Mike Burghart at email@example.com or extension 5746.