myHumboldt Message Center

Employees Receiving Damaged W2 Forms Can Request New Copies

Printer-friendly version

Human Resources has received reports that some employees have received damaged (torn) W2s.  The State Controller’s Office has provided the following advice for any CSU employee whose W2 was damaged in transit.  You may return the damaged W2 to the State Controller’s Office and request a new W2.

Complete Form 436: and attach it to the damaged W2 with the “Fee Waiver” and “Damaged W2” boxes checked on the form.  If there is concern that the identification of your social security number has been compromised, you should contact the Federal Trade Commission’s Identity Theft Hotline at 877-438-4338.

Humboldt State University