Facilities Management is working on many projects around campus this summer. Here are a few highlights:
- Advancement Division move - division staff have moved to updated digs on the first and second floors of Nelson Hall West. The move has allowed for the various departments in Advancement, including the writers and designers, to be located in one area.
- Centers for Excellence, RISS, RAMP - Nelson Hall East on the second floor will be repaired and improved to house the new Centers for Excellence as well as the RAMP program and RISS administration. This will provide better services for our students and focus on student success.
- Redwood Bowl bleachers - structural repairs will be completed on the east bleachers. This project will replace critical structural components including structural beams, posts and sheer walls.
- Science A 564 - this project includes full demolition of all flooring, seating, casework, window shades and countertops including abatement measures. New flooring, seat risers, seating, paint and window shades will be installed. The new lecture space will include a new lectern, projector, whiteboard, and other multi-media equipment.
- HSU Testing Center - create an enhanced computer based test site to meet test accommodation needs for students with disabilities, provide entrance and exit exams for the general student population and provide professional and licensure exams for the community.
- RISS Career & Advising Center Co-Location – these centers now share space on the first floor of Gist Hall creating an important link for the academic progress of students with their post-degree plans.
- Wildlife & Fish Hatchery & Student Union/University Center - projects include power washing, stripping and repair of external walls of buildings. While we have suspended power washing across campus, it will be necessary on these building to ensure the new paint will adhere properly. After exterior preparation is complete on all buildings, a three part painting system will be applied.
- CAHSS faculty offices - this project will renovate existing storage and multi-use space to create office space for faculty and lecturers.
- Campus Apartments- this project will include structural repairs and improvements to the building as well as updating some internal spaces.
- Residence Halls - routine refresh, maintenance, and updating for residence halls across campusGrounds maintenance - we will be trimming and maintaining several trees this summer. This work is part of the landscaping plan that was shared this past spring with Associated Students, University Senate and University Executive Council.
- Grounds maintenance - we will be trimming and maintaining several trees this summer. This work is part of the landscaping plan that was shared this past spring with Associated Students, University Senate and University Executive Council.
As we work through these projects during the summer, there may be some disruptions to traffic flow and some construction noise. Thank you for your patience. We look forward to sharing these updated spaces with the campus in the fall. Please let us know if you have any questions contact Michael Fisher at extension 4444 or via email email@example.com