HSU Professional Development Newsletter - April 2018
This month inside HSU Professional Development Newsletter:
- Happiness and Dealing With Stress - We all experience stress in our lives - at work, at home, in traffic or with relationships. The way we react to and manage stress can often depend on other factors in our lives such as whether or not we are well rested, hydrated, or feeling calm and centered. April is National Stress Awareness Month which is a good time to focus on why it is important to “take time to unwind” and how you can take proactive steps to help manage your stress.
- Social Networking Fundamentals - This course will focus on introducing and using social networking services in a business context. You'll learn the benefits of social networking, how to use these services in a professional manner, and what potential issues can arise from social networking usage in the workplace.
- Controlling Conflict, Stress, and Time in a Customer Service Environment - you'll learn how to identify and resolve conflict, negotiate with customers, develop strategies to better manage time and stress, and explore how a positive approach and attitude can benefit customer interactions and bring them to a satisfactory conclusion.
- How to Plan an Event - A well planned event may look different from 1950 to today, but the basic of planning are still the same. We are excited to introduce the new event planning resources and tools brought to you by Contracts & Procurement and Human Resources & Academic Personnel Services.
- Health Benefits Video - If you are new to HSU or want to review our Health Benefits be sure watch our Health Benefits Video.
- TED Talk - How to Use a Semicolon.
- On the Bookshelf - The Art of Happiness at Work, available at the Library.
- Live at Kate Buchanan Room - Charles Hunt, Resilience Expert, Hope Dealer, Speaker, Educator - April 23, 2018 @ 6 PM.
- CSU's Got Talent - Business Writing Bootcamp.
- Skillpshops @ the Library
- HSU Workshop for Avoiding Unconscious Bias in the Hiring Process - April 10 @ 10 AM
- Upcoming Training Opportunities
- and more!
Please visit our April 2018 Newsletter.