HSU PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT NEWSLETTER - JUNE 2018
This month inside HSU Professional Development Newsletter:
- L4HSU - Staff, faculty, students, administrators, and community members are invited to join the Library Lifelong Learning Lounge (L4HSU) professional development programs. This year we have over 60 programs in which you can be involved.
- Data Communication and Visualization - The final step in the data science pipeline is to communicate the results or findings. In this course, you'll explore communication and visualization concepts needed by data scientists.
- Encouraging Team Communication and Collaboration - Establishing a successful team involves ensuring that team members can communicate with you and with one another and that they will work as a team rather than as individuals. Clear channels of communication are required for both on-site and virtual teams. In this course, you'll learn techniques for encouraging effective communication and overcoming communication problems.
- 10 Ways to Communicate Better at Work - Communication is crucial to getting things accomplished, especially in the workplace. Do you feel like you could use some advice on how to be a better communicator?
- On the Bookshelf - Improve Your Communication Skills is full of proven tips and techniques to effective verbal, non-verbal and written communication in business that will help you keep the interest of a large audience, impress a potential employer or simply win the argument at an important meeting.
- CSU’s Got Talent - Becoming a master in Conversational Intelligence is not about how smart you are, but about how open you are to learn new and effective powerful conversational practices that prime the brain for trust, partnership, and mutual success.
- L4HSU @ the Library
- HSU Workshop for Avoiding Unconscious Bias in the Hiring Process - June 19 @ 9 AM
- Upcoming Training Opportunities
- and more!
Please visit our June 2018 Newsletter.