HSU Professional Development Newsletter - June 2019
This month inside HSU Professional Development Newsletter:
- Welcome Nancy Olson, New Training Specialist - Nancy Olson joined HSU's HR team on May 1, providing professional development and training for staff, faculty and administration. We asked Nancy to share about her background and why she decided to join the HSU community.
- Featured Tech Skills Course - Google Keep: Google Keep on the Web - Google Keep is a multiplatform, cloud-based notes application. Explore Google Keep on the web, from creating notes and checklists to embellishing notes with images.
- Featured Soft Skills Course - Acting With Diplomacy and Tact - In this course, you'll learn about developing diplomacy and tact, avoiding meltdowns and apologizing, developing empathy, and removing personal biases.
- CSU's Got Talent - Successful Performance Reviews: How to Give Them & How to Receive Them - June 5 @ 10 AM
- Join us for a community webinar viewing and discussion at Nelson Hall East 106 @ 10 AM.
- 7 Tricky Work Situations, and How to Respond to Them - You know the moment: a mood-veering, thought-steering, pressure-packed interaction with a colleague, boss, or client where the right thing to say is stuck in a verbal traffic jam between your brain and your mouth.
- Blog Corner - Working with Difficult People - Last month, at CSU's Got Talent, Amy Cooper Hakim presented Working With Difficult People: Handling Types of Problem People Without Losing Your Mind. Her blog is full of great posts.
- From the Recruitment Department - Background Check Policy - The CSU’s system-wide policy on background checks issues directives and provides guidance intended to prevent risk and provide protection to campus employees, students, volunteers, and guests.
- Update on Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 - The Chancellor's Office has been working on revisions to our Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 as result recent California court decisions.
- Human Resources at L4HSU - Empathy is a Superpower- Join this session to learn how you can strengthen your super power of being empathetic toward those we don't understand, those we do - and ourselves!
- Video - How Great Leaders Inspire Action
- Video - Five Habits that Hold Women Back at Work
- Tech Tips - CSU's Got Talent Archive
- L4HSU @ the Library
- HSU Workshop for Avoiding Unconscious Bias in the Hiring Process - June 3 @ 1 PM
- Upcoming Training Opportunities
- and more!
Please visit our June 2019 Newsletter.