HSU Professional Development Newsletter - November 2018
This month inside HSU Professional Development Newsletter:
- Employee and Student Safety - Health Awareness Month - Certain months are designated for health awareness to shed light on research and prevention efforts associated with specific diseases, with the ultimate goal of finding a cure and saving lives. Be mindful of the “Do’s” and “Don’ts” regarding holiday vehicle travel
- Google Gmail for Web: Customizing Gmail - Discover how you can customize your Gmail to fit your needs. Learn to add and manage tasks, configure your inbox and email display, and automate forwarding and delegation.
- Listening Even When it's Difficult to Listen - In this course, you'll learn common misconceptions about listening, how to hone your listening skills, and what to do when you encounter roadblocks to listening.
- CSU's Got Talent: How to Navigate Narcissism in the Workplace - Learn signs & characteristics of narcissism, and ways you can survive and thrive at work and beyond.
- National Day of Listening - Sponsored by oral history nonprofit StoryCorps, this year’s National Day of Listening honors teachers. The organization has asked everyone wanting to participate to take a few minutes to thank a teacher (or two)
- Veteran’s Dinner - The Human Resources Office is partnering with our HSU Veteran’s Office and the HSU Student Veteran’s Association in recognizing our Veterans and Military-Affiliated Colleague with the Veteran’s Appreciation Dinner on November 9th in the Great Hall.
- Hunger Awareness Month - Oh SNAP! Student Food Programs is a student-driven initiative. Their mission is to increase access to nutritious and culturally appropriate food for all Humboldt State University (HSU) students by engaging in campus and community partnerships and by raising awareness of food insecurity among our peers.
- Skillshops @ the Library
- HSU Workshop for Avoiding Unconscious Bias in the Hiring Process - November 6 @ 10 AM
- Upcoming Training Opportunities
- and more!
Please visit our November 2018 Newsletter.