McCrone Graduate Student Fellowship Award
Humboldt State University established the Alistair and Judith McCrone Graduate Fellowship Fund in October 2001. The fund was created to honor Dr. and Mrs. McCrone, who together shepherded Humboldt State University and its students for over a quarter of a century. This award will recognize one outstanding graduate student, acknowledge their potential, and encourage their continued achievement in their graduate program.
The following provides specific information about the award:
- First year students who have been in their HSU Graduate Program for less than one academic year are eligible for nominations
- One award of $3,000 will be applied to their tuition for use in Academic Year 2019-2020
- Graduate students must be enrolled full time (at least 9 units per semester), and have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Only one candidate may be nominated per graduate degree program. Graduate programs that have more than one option (not emphasis) may nominate up to one candidate from each option.
- Completed nominations must be submitted electronically by the Graduate Program Coordinator and through InfoReady by Wednesday, January 30, 2019 by 5:00pm. Incomplete or late nominations will not be considered.
- Awards will be presented at a reception held on Thursday, April 18th 2019 from 4:00-6:00pm in the Great Hall of College Creek. The recipient must be available to attend the reception and give a short presentation of their research.
QUESTIONS: Should be directed to the Sponsored Programs Foundation, SBS 427, (707) 826-4189 or email@example.com
Through InfoReady you will be asked to submit the following materials:
Faculty Advisor/Committee Chair Nomination
On a separate sheet, describe the following: (1,000 words or less)
- Nominee’s potential for contribution to his/her field of study
- Reasons this student is the most meritorious from current students enrolled in their program; i.e. qualities and attributes of nominee that set him/her apart from others
Statement of Objectives
Each nominee must include a current statement of objectives for their graduate degree
Letters of Recommendation
Include copies of two letters of recommendation:
- A letter from the graduate program application
- A letter of recommendation from another faculty member with knowledge of the students’ work
Unofficial Transcripts from all Universities Attended