Professional Development Newsletter - January 2018
This month inside HSU Professional Development Newsletter:
- Newsletter One Year Anniversary - Next month marks the first anniversary of HSU’s Training and Professional Development Newsletter. We embarked on this project with the idea to co-locate professional development resources on campus, provide specific training based on campus needs, and to better communicate opportunities that are available to all employees.
- Organizing Your Email - This course introduces techniques for managing e-mail effectively. It covers tips on how to use folders and filters to organize e-mails for increased efficiency, as well as guidelines on what e-mails to delete. The course also gives direction on how to recover important information should you lose an e-mail.
- Developing a Plan to Further Your Career - This course guides you through the process of taking inventory of your values, interests, skills, and needs. Then based on these findings, you can determine your strengths. This course also provides tips on how to deal with any weaknesses that are holding you back. You will also learn how to develop and implement your action plan to further your career.
- HR Database Changes - Many of you have heard the news that all of the CSUs will be transitioning to a Common Human Resources System (CHRS) in approximately three years. Many of us are preparing by assisting in design review, cleaning up existing data and providing feedback for consideration in creating best practices.
- Knowledge Transfer and Success Planning - Do you have plans to move into a new career or retire? How can you share the knowledge you gained in your role with others before you move on to other opportunities?
- Interfolio Interactive Training Video - The Office of Human Resources & Academic Personnel Services is pleased to present a new Interfolio Training Video: Manager and Candidate Roles, Views & Sections. You will learn the differences between Manager and Candidate roles and views, and how to add sub-sections and organize them.
- Just for Fun - A Video Conference Call in Real Life
- Skillpshops @ the Library
- HSU Workshop for Avoiding Unconscious Bias in the Hiring Process - January 23 @ 9 AM
- Upcoming Training Opportunities
- and more!
Please visit our January 2018 Newsletter.