Professional Development Newsletter - November 2017
This month inside HSU Professional Development Newsletter:
- Bon Voyage Melissa! - Melissa Koval is leaving Humboldt State University to join her husband, Volga, in Eugene. Bittersweet because we are very happy for Melissa and her family that they will all be together – that’s the sweet part; but then there’s the sad part, we will so miss Melissa.
- Google Apps: Docs and Sheets - The core productivity apps in the Google Apps suite are the word processing app Docs and the spreadsheet app Sheets. Both are fully featured and include the functionality of desktop equivalents.
- Coaching Techniques That Drive Change - Coaching by definition is action-centered. This is the main thing that differentiates it from counseling. Techniques covered in this course will give the learner the tools needed to lead from behind as a coach.
- New Employee Orientation – All new employees are invited to an Employee Orientation Program where we will review general conditions of employment, provide benefits information, and answer any employment related questions you may have.
- Fee Waiver - Spring 2018 Semester - If you haven’t already done so, now is the time to submit your Self or Dependent Fee Waiver forms for the Spring 2018 semester.
- Learning Lock-in - A day long event showcasing Ted Talks and Webinars with facilitated conversation after each session. Participate in the potluck and enjoy live music at noon.
- Tune In @ Noon is Back! - The “Tune in at Noon” brown bag lunch series brings faculty, staff and students together to participate in a non-work related activity during the lunch hour.
- CSU's Got Talent - "Leader as Coach, Save Time and Solve Problems by Asking the Right Questions”, November 16 from 2 - 3 PM
- Skillpshops @ the Library
- HSU Workshop for Avoiding Unconscious Bias in the Hiring Process - November 7 @ 2 PM
- Upcoming Training Opportunities
- and more!
Please visit our November 2017 Newsletter here.