Register for HSU’s Institute for Student Success Spring 2014
I encourage Administrative Affairs employees to register for HSU’s Institute for Student Success because of it is a great way to learn from experts, promote/support student success, and spend time with your colleagues.
The Institute is a one-day professional development event for faculty, staff, and administrators that supports collaborative improvement towards inclusive student success. The Institute for Student Success is a biannual event encompassing a wide range of workshops focused on meeting the needs of today’s students. The themes focus on effective pedagogy, inclusive communities, and student success.
This year’s Institute features several sessions that will benefit us and our work, including:
· Pathways to Persistence: How and Why YOU Matter to Student Success
· Supporting HSU’s Student Veterans
· My Hidden Strength: Fostering Resilience and Success for Non-Privileged Students
· Understanding and Applying Racial Identity Development Theory as a Critical Skill for Educators Serving Students of Color
· And more (visit http://www.humboldt.edu/institute/workshop_2014_sp.html for the complete list)!
· Event Day: January 16th, 8am-4:30pm
· Registration: www.humboldt.edu/institute/
· Early registration deadline: Dec. 20
I hope that you will make use of this opportunity to consider these important topics and to learn from others in our field. I look forward to seeing you there.