Teaching and Learning Tip #2: Semester on a Page
Tip #2: Semester on a Page
By Su Karl, Learning Center
The beginning of the semester can be overwhelming for both students and faculty alike. Semester-on-a-Page can help you and your students plan out the semester before you get in too deep. The at-a-glance calendar includes important university deadlines and can be downloaded as a PDF or Word document. Encourage your students to add major class deadlines and exams so that they have a visual of how the semester lays out--and can plan accordingly. (Faculty also find it useful to plan out their semester too!)
Fall 2017 Semester-on-a-Page can be found on the Learning Center's website under the "Handouts" page: http://www2.humboldt.edu/learning/handout-index.
- Newly Tenured and Promoted Faculty Reception • Aug 31 • 5-6:30pm • Goodwin Forum
- Virtual Roundtable CA College/University Basic Needs: Context, Data, and Effective Models • Sept 5 • 12-1pm
- HSU Interfolio RTP Candidate Training • Sept 6 • 2-3pm
- Call for Proposals • HSU Sustainable Learning Workshops • Due Sept 7
- Rethinking Inclusive Teaching: Disciplinarity and Diversity in Higher Education • Sept 8 • 3-4pm
Have a tip to share? Take a look at the simple steps to submit a T&L Tip.