Addendum to P00-06
This addendum to Executive Memorandum P00-06 strengthens Humboldt State University's commitment to an environment free from unlawful discrimination, as well as its commitment to a professional, highly trained and diverse faculty and staff. Academic Personnel Services and Human Resources (APSHR) and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) have been instructed to become actively involved in the hiring process of all faculty and staff and to take appropriate action where deemed necessary.
The responsibilities of the APSHR and ODI in the recruitment/hiring process will include, but not be limited to:
- Reviewing vacancy announcements to ensure legal compliance with ADA, equal opportunity, and all other relevant equal employment laws and regulations
- Suggesting recruiting sources (i.e., publications, websites, mailing lists, etc.) and practices that may enhance the qualification and diversity of applicant pools
- Meeting with search committees to discuss equal opportunity, ADA, diversity, under-utilization issues, and other applicable laws, regulations and policies etc.
- Reviewing the adequacy of the size and diversity of applicant pools
- Reviewing selection criteria for finalists to ensure legal compliance with ADA, equal opportunity, and all other relevant equal employment laws and regulations
last updated 12/2013