I. The Instructional Development and Media Services Committee is an administrative committee responsible to the Director of Instructional Media Services.
II. The committee shall function as a body to advise and aid the Director in his endeavors to provide appropriate services for the University.
III. The faculty appointments shall be for a two year period with staggered terms. The Instructional Media Center Director shall serve as the committee chair.
IV. The Committee membership shall consist of the following:
1. Two faculty representatives recommended by the Media Director.
- James Carroll (one year term)
- Don Mahler (two year term)
2. Two faculty representatives recommended by the Academic
Senate Appointments Committee.
- Meng Srun Sin (one year term)
- James Nicholson (two year term)
3. One faculty representative designated by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Tim McCaughey (fall quarter 1979)
- Hal Jackson (winter & spring quarters)
4. The Media Director
5. The University Librarian
HUMBOLDT STATE UNIVERSITY Arcata, California, 95521
- MEMORANDUM -
April 11, 1979
TO: All Faculty
FROM: Milton Dobkin, Vice President for Academic Affairs
SUBJECT: Establishment of an Instructional Development and Media
In accord with the Board of Trustees policy on Instructional Development and Media Services in the California State University and Colleges, as well as an earlier recommendation of the Visiting Committee of the Accrediting Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an administrative committee on Instructional Development and Media Services has been established.
The attached administrative memo lists the members of the committee and their terms. Because there is less than a quarter remaining in the current academic year, regular terms of appointment will start September 1979, although the committee will also be asked to meet this quarter. The committee will advise the Director of the Instructional Media Center who will serve as the committee chair.