The Humboldt State University Crisis Consultation Team is charged with coordinating University response to potentially violent situations on the Humboldt State University campus community which involve students, staff, and/or faculty members collectively, individually, or any combination thereof.
- At the request of any Crisis Consultation Team member, to consult with appropriate persons on the crisis at hand and serve as a communication link between/among individuals and offices by communicating relevant information on a "need to know" basis.
- To make recommendations to the President on response to crisis situations.
- To document and retain records of meetings, events, and recommendations, and following the crisis, to ensure debriefing of the team and appropriate others.
- To work with the Director of University Advancement in the timely provision of information to the media and others as appropriate.
- Under the direction of the Emergency Operations Center Director, to assist with crisis management during and following a major emergency/disaster.
The Crisis Consultation Team reports directly to the President through the Executive Assistant to the President. Meetings may be called by any member. Members are:
- Chief of University Police
- Special Assistant to the Vice President for Faculty Affairs (Faculty Personnel Services)
- Director, Human Resources
- Staff Psychologist
- Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs
- Executive Assistant to the President
- Others as identified by the core membership (above), on a per-case basis, dependent upon the circumstances and person(s) involved.
Also issued as Executive Memorandum P99-9
Distribution: All Faculty and Staff