September 10, 2015
Much of the success of Humboldt State University depends on the dedication, experience, and skill of our staff. We encourage you to submit nominations for our Staff Recognition Awards, which are supported by private funds contributed by alumni and other friends of the University. Staff members from both state and auxiliary units who have been exceptional employees can be nominated; they must be active employees when nominated. Please submit a separate nomination for each individual. These awards are not for students, management, or faculty employees, nor are current members of Staff Council eligible (see https://humboldt.edu/staffcouncil/node/5 for the names of this year’s Council members). Individuals may receive this award multiple times, but not in consecutive years. See a list of past recipients
The online submission form will address the following:
- How has your nominee consistently performed his or her job in a manner that you consider to be especially helpful to staff, faculty, or students?
- How does this person handle difficult job assignments or cope with challenging working conditions in an especially admirable manner?
- Has this person suggested an innovative solution to a problem or task resulting in cost or time savings or in better service to the campus community? Please explain.
- Has any campus or community service by this employee enhanced the image and service effectiveness of the University or the community?
- Can you highlight a specific outstanding performance incident from the past year that merits special recognition? Please explain.
- In the form of a short paragraph, please provide any additional information that you think should be taken into consideration. This may include length of employment.
Nominations should be submitted online via the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/EAc0rM0Xeb, by noon, Friday, October 2, 2015. We will email you a copy of your online submission in the form of a .pdf letter, and you may wish to share this with the employee you are nominating.
Preliminary review of nominations will be made by the Staff Council, followed by final consideration by the President’s Cabinet and the Senior AVP of HR & APS. Awards will be presented as part of the Spring Welcome, on Wednesday, January 13, 2016. For questions or comments, please contact Joy Finney in the Office of the President (email@example.com, 707-826-3311).
Thank you for your help in recognizing the contributions of our particularly meritorious staff members.
Seth Bradley, President, Staff Council
Lisa A. Rossbacher, President
- President’s Office solicits nominations (September)
- Staff Council receives nominations (October)
- Staff Council reviews and forwards recommendations to President’s Office (November)
- Vice Presidents/Managers review recommendations (November)
- President approves final awards and presents names at Spring Welcome (January)