HSU Alumni contribute in many ways to help keep their alma mater strong. They network with and advise current students, helping them on their career path and linking them to jobs after graduation, and they contribute their financial resources to help grow programs, institutes and scholarships that hold special meaning for them. Current students are appreciative for these gifts of time, expertise, and money, and want to share with you, our alumni, what they are doing to make our communities healthier.
Where are they now?
- Hannah Davis, M.A., working at HSU's Counseling and Psychological Services as a postgraduate resident. Interested in eating disorders and body image, shame, assertiveness, and self-comparison. Hopes to start a disordered eating group in Spring 2017 for HSU students.
- Fernando Garica, M.A., began a doctorate program for an Ed.D. in Sport & Performance Psychology.
- Desiree Ryan, M.A., began a Ph.D. program in Social Psychology at University of California, Santa Cruz.
- Edwin Vazquez, M.A., began a Ph.D. program in Human Development and Family Science at Arizona State University
- Monica Correale, M.A., began a Ph.D. program at University of Minnesota, Institute of Child Development studying affect regulation processes in the context of attachment relationships
- Meghan Martinez, M.A., MFT, is working at Humboldt State's Counseling and Psychological Services. She served as a clinical supervisor at Autism Learning Partners.
- Kristin Peavey, B.A., Kristin is now a graduate student in the Masters of Science--Applied Behavior Analysis program at California State University, Northridge. She will continue her employment with California Psychcare, during the completion of the program.
- Michael Le, M.A., Research Analyst, Institutional Research and Planning, Humboldt State University.
- Jared Martin, M.A. Studied Developmental Psychopathology in the Academic Research program at HSU. Works at the Chadwick Center for Children & Families at Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego.
- Michael Robinson, M.A., applying to medical school with an interest in specializing in psychiatry. Currently volunteering at Santa Clara Valley Medical, a hospital that specializes in under-served populations and is a regional class one trauma center.
- Esmeralda Diaz, M.A., works at For the Child, a non-profit organization that treats children/adolescent and families who are recovering from traumatic exeriences including but not limited to physical abuse, sexual abuse, exposure to DV, and other complex traumas.
- James Hornback, B.A. intern at Metropolitan State Hospital, Norwalk, CA.
- Erin Winters, B.A. HSU, MEd. in Educational Psychology (Stats and Measurement) at UW-Seattle. Currently working on PhD in Education (Measurement, Statistics, Research Methodology) at UC-Davis.
- James Clifton, M.A., Ph.D. in Quantitative Psychology at U.C. Merced
- Patrick Folsom, B.A., Regional Vice President at LA Fitness
- Brian Griffiths, M.A., Ph.D. UMASS, Boston, Developmental and Brain Sciences
- Kevin Matlock, M.A., Instructor at Humboldt State University
- Zachary Rankin, M.A., works in New York as a chemical dependency counselor. Will be taking the AAMFT licensing exam in September 2016 to earn his Marriage and Family Therapy license.
- Leslie Sigala, M.A., Bilingual Mental Health Specialist, LMFT for Instituto Familiar de la Raza, Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant for Headstart, and official rape crisis counselor with the medical team at Burning Man.
- Mary MacLin, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology at University of Northern Iowa.