- What sports are available?
- What does the "A", "B", "C", "Open" league types mean?
- When and where do I sign up/pay?
- What are managers' responsibilities?
- How do I register a team?
- Community teams/players
- What is the Manager´s Meeting?
- Who is eligible to participate?
- What if I don´t have a team?
- Who can play in tournaments?
What if my team can't play a scheduled game?
The following sports and times will be offered for the SPRING semester 2015.
- "Singles" Sunday 12-3 p.m., Forbes Gym
- "Doubles" Sunday 12-3 p.m., Forbes Gym
- "A" Mondays 8-11 p.m., Forbes Gym
- "B" Tuesdays 7-11 p.m., Forbes Gym
- Coed "Open" Wednesdays 7-11 p.m., Forbes Gym
- "B" Sunday 7-11 p.m., Forbes Gym
- Coed "A" Sundays, 4-7 p.m., West Gym
- Coed "B" Sundays, 4-7 p.m., West Gym
- Coed "Open" Tuesdays, 7-11 p.m., Field House
- "A" Wednesdays, 7-11 p.m., Field House
- Co-ed "B" Sundays 3-7, p.m., Field House
- Co-ed "A" Sundays 7-11 p.m., Redwood Bowl
- Co-ed "C" Sundays 7-11, p.m., Field House
- Co-ed "C" Wednesdays 7-11, p.m., West Gym
- Co-ed "A" Thursdays, 7-11 p.m., Redwood Bowl
- Co-ed "Open" Thursdays, 7-11 p.m., Redwood Bowl
- Co-ed Sundays, 11 am-3 pm, Field House
- Co-ed Mondays, 7-11 pm, Field House
- Co-ed "A" Thursday 7-10 p.m., West Gym
- Co-ed "B" Thursday 7-10 p.m., West Gym
- A - no restrictions on eligibility (intercollegiate athletes are eligible).
- B - current intercollegiate/sport club players (same sport) are not eligible.
- C - no former/current intercollegiate/sport club/professional players (same sport) are eligible.
- Open - same as B League for men. Same as A League for women.
Register online at http://dosportseasy.com/humboldt. Please go to this website and create your team. It is very easy to use. If you have questions, please call the office at 826-6011 or email the site administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Student and Community team sign-ups for intramurals will begin January 20th and end Sunday, February 8th. Student teams will be approved after the $20 forfeit deposit is paid at the cashier's office (SBS 2nd floor) or online at: https://commerce.cashnet.com/humboldthmo….COMMUNITY (50%+) teams will be approved after ALL student teams have registered and ONLY if space allows.
First Come First Served!
The manager is a vital link between the Recreational Sports Office and your intramural team. Only those who are interested, have the time, and are willing to be responsible should volunteer to be a captain.
A team manager is responsible for the following:
- Register your team ONLINE!
- Pay a refundable forfeit deposit of $20.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all rules.
- Responsible for sportsmanship of your team.
- Notify team of date, time, and location of contests.
- Pick up intramural registration guidelines at the Recreational Sports Office (RWC 101) during the first week of classes.
- You will then go online to register your team.
- Within 48 hours of registering your team, go to the Casher's Office (SBS - 2nd floor) and pay a $20 forfeit deposit within 48 hours. (The forfeit deposit is wholly refundable at the conclusion of the season if you have no forfeits.)
- Once the $20 is deposited, your team will be APPROVED if there is room in the league.
You will be required to attend a manager's meeting, the date and time of the manager's meeting will be given to you at the time you register your team.
Community teams may register starting on the first day of classes each semester at https://dosportseasy.com/humboldt. We will accept community teams in the leagues ONLY after all student teams have been approved AND if there is space in the league.
When teams have 50% or more non-students, each individual will pay $30 per team they play on and the team is not required to submit a forfeit deposit. Individual community members that are on student teams (50% or more students) also pay $30 each per team.
The team manager, or a representative from your team, will be required to attend the manager's meeting. If a team representative fails to attend the manager's meeting, a team on the waiting list will be given your schedule and your forfeit deposit will not be refunded. The manager's meeting will take approximately 30-45 minutes. Your team roster will be turned in at the manager's meeting and rules, sportsmanship guidelines, and other information will be covered.
The intramural sportsmanship policy at HSU is strictly enforced in order to uphold the dignity and respect of student officials and participants. The sportsmanship rating system works as follows:
Each game is worth five (5) sportsmanship points. At the conclusion of each league game, the official will rate the team using the guidelines outlined below:
- 5 points: A team thoroughly respects the official(s) calls and shows sportsmanship to the opposing players.
- 4 points: A team or team member fails to respect the official(s) calls and the opposing team in a minor way.
- 3 points: A team or team member receives a technical foul, yellow card, or shows poor sportsmanship to the official(s) or opposing team. Forfeits also result in a 3.
- 2 points: A team or team member is ejected from a game for poor sportsmanship, receives two (2) technical fouls, or receives a red card.
- 1 point: More issues after an ejection.
- 0 points: The game is called due to sportsmanship issues.
All HSU students are eligible to participate in the intramural program at no cost. Faculty/staff members can participate in the intramural program with a fee of $15 per team. Non- students will be required to pay a $30 fee per team that they participate on.
Community teams will only be accepted after all HSU student teams have been approved. If there is still room in the league, we will fill those spots with community teams.
If a team has more community members than students, the team will be required to register as a community team. Before every game you will be required to stop in the intramural office and present a picture I.D. and check out a jersey. At the end of your game return your jersey and collect your I.D. If you do not have a picture I.D. you will not be eligible to play. NO EXCEPTIONS.
JOIN THE FREE AGENT LIST ONLINE at: http://dosportseasy.com/humboldt
Click on the sport(s) you are interested in. Follow the Free Agenst List link that pops up at the bottom of the page.
If you would like to play on a team and do not have a team to play on, don't worry. You may sign up on the Free Agent List and teams who need extra players will call names from the Free Agent List. You can also register yourself as a manager and pull a list of names from the free agent list and organize your own team. Usually the Rec Sports Office does not facilitate this, although we will help you with the process.
Following the round robin league schedule, every team with a sportsmanship average of 4 or higher, and no more than two forfeits, will advance to the playoff tournament. All players must play in at least two league games to be eligible for playoffs. If you play on two teams in the same league you will have to choose a team to play with in the playoffs. The first team you play with will be your tournament team, no exceptions.
Make sure to check in at the Intramural Office (RWC 101) before every game in order to receive credit for participating.
If you notify the Recreational Sports Office ASAP and no later than 12 pm the day of the contest that your team is unable to attend your scheduled game, we will notify the team you are scheduled to play and inform them that you will not be there.
If you fail to have enough players to play a game, your team will receive a forfeit and you will lose $10 of your forfeit deposit.
If your team receives three forfeits, you will lose all of your forfeit deposit and be eliminated from the league.