2013-2014 RAMP Selection Process
Welcome to the Residential Academic Mentoring Program Selection Process for the 2013-2014 academic year. This website contains all of the information, steps, and dates in the selection process. If you have additional questions, please contact Vynessa Ortiz.
RAMP Staff Positions
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
- Must be enrolled full-time at HSU.
- Must have attended HSU for at least one full year and have at least sophomore status.
- Must be knowledgeable about campus resources.
- Must meet a semester and cumulative GPA requirement of 2.7+.
- Must demonstrate leadership abilities through current or previous involvement in HSU campus organizations, academic programs, clubs, or athletic teams.
- Must be in good standing (no pending conduct cases, or history of serious conduct issues).
- Must be willing to work with diverse student populations.
- Must be able to attend Spring and Fall Training. Spring Trainings are every Friday beginning March 29th from 3:00pm-5:00pm.
Please submit recommendations here:
Four steps comprise the Selection Process (all steps are required unless otherwise noted):
1. Attend an Information Session (optional)
There will be 2 Information Sessions presented at the beginning of Spring 2013 semester. These sessions will provide further information about RAMP staff positions, as well as provide more details about the important dates and requirements for the application process. The session will include experience and feedback from current RAMP staff members.
Spring Semester 2013 Information Session:
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Time: 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Location: Sunset Classroom
Date: Friday, January 25, 2013
Time: 6:30pm –7:30pm
Location: Multicultural Center, House 55
2. Complete the online application
3. Obtain two recommendations
Have two online recommendation forms submitted on your behalf by Saturday, February 2, 2013. Recommendations should be professional or academic references that can speak to your ability to manage the position you are applying for. One recommendation must come from a faculty member at HSU and one recommendation must come from an HSU staff professional, Residence Life staff member or a current RAMP staff member.
Recommendations must be submitted online using the following link:
Feel free to forward the web link to those giving your recommendations or direct them to this web page. Paper recommendation forms are available upon request.
4. Individual interview
Applicants with strong qualifications will be invited to take part in an individual interview. The interviews will simulate a “Mentor Meeting”. Prompts will be given in advance in order for candidates to prepare for their interview. The interviews will be conducted by a RAMP selection committee comprised of University staff and current RAMP Mentors during the week of February 11 - 15, 2013.
Candidates will be notified about hiring decisions throughout the months of February and March 2013. All decisions are tentative pending successful completion of twelve (12) units and a GPA of 2.75 or higher in the Spring 2013 semester.
Monday, December 10, 2012 – Application(s) Available online
Saturday, February 2, 2013 – RAMP Application(s) Due
Monday February 11, 2013 – Interviews Period Begins
Friday, February 22, 2013 – Hiring Notifications
Monday March 4, 2013- Deadline to Accept Position
Friday, March 29, 2013 – Spring Training Begins
For any questions contact:
Residence Life, Housing + Dining