Apply to be on Staff with Residence Life
Welcome to the Residence Life webpage for the 2017-18 Student Staff selection process. Below you will find links to the position descriptions and the application.
The intention of HSU Residence Life is to focus on the education and holistic growth of the student by creating a safe, socially just, and environmentally responsible community. ResLife student staff plays a critical role in the implementation of our mission. Our student leadership positions prepare you for being effectual educators, social justice advocates, and community leaders.
Student Staff are required to play a variety of roles which will allow them to gain knowledge and skills for both personal and professional growth. What you learn from this unique job experience will be transferable to many careers after you graduate from college.
Learn More About Positions within Residence Life
As an office within the Department of Housing & Residence Life, Residence Life employs over 50 student staff in several unique positions to implement our mission. Each position comes with different responsibilities and compensation, but serves an equally important role.
At this time, we are hiring for the 2017-18 Year Student Staff
• Activities Student Assistant (Activities SA)
• Resident Sustainability Advisor (RSA)
• Community Advocate (CA)
• Summer Community Advocate
• Student Assistant positions (SA)
• Summer Student Assistant
• Welcome Week Leader
The minimum requirements for all positions are:
• Earn 12 units/semester if undergraduate student, 7 units/semester if graduate student
• 2.25 semester and cumulative G.P.A. if undergraduate student, 3.0 semester and cumulative G.P.A. if graduate student
• New applicants must not have earned more than 136 units
• Returning applicants must not have earned more than 150 units
• Applicants must have lived on campus at least one year or have comparable experience
• Applicants must be in good standing judicially with Housing & Residence Life and the University
How to Apply
1. Complete the online application
Complete and submit the online application found here:
2. Obtain two online recommendations
Have two online recommendation forms submitted on your behalf. Recommendations should be professional or academic references that can speak to your ability to manage the position you are applying for. A few examples are current or former employers, supervisors, instructors, university staff members, and/or Residence Life Staff, including student staff members. These recommendations can be easily completed online . Feel free to forward the web link above to those giving your recommendations or direct them to this web page:
3. Individual interview
Based on the application and recommendations, candidates may be invited to participate in an individual interview. Interviews will only be offered to candidates who have applied for positions with current openings, and only until the positions have been filled.
If you have any questions regarding the student staff selection process, please contact Sasha Wallace at Sasha.Wallace@humboldt.edu.
|CA Job Agreement 2016-17 Updated 3.11.2016.pdf||411.68 KB|
|RSA Employee Agreement 2016-17.pdf||407.7 KB|
|SA Agreement 2016-17.pdf||398.78 KB|
|Summer CA 2016.pdf||397.48 KB|
|Summer SA 2016.pdf||392.76 KB|
|Welcome Week Leader 2016.pdf||387.15 KB|
|Activities SA Job Agreement 2016-17.pdf||413.19 KB|