Welcome to the Residence Life webpage for the 2016-17 Student Staff selection process. Below you will find links to the position descriptions and the application.
The intention of HSU Residence Life is to focus on the education and holistic growth of the student by creating a safe, socially just, and environmentally responsible community. ResLife student staff plays a critical role in the implementation of our mission. Our student leadership positions prepare you for being effectual educators, social justice advocates, and community leaders.
Student Staff are required to play a variety of roles which will allow them to gain knowledge and skills for both personal and professional growth. What you learn from this unique job experience will be transferable to many careers after you graduate from college.
Learn More About Positions within Residence Life:
As an office within the Department of Housing & Residence Life, Residence Life employs over 50 student staff in several unique positions to implement our mission. Each position comes with different responsibilities and compensation, but serves an equally important role. Please take some time to review our positions and determine what is best for you.
- Community Advocate (CA)
- Activities Student Assistant (Activities SA)
- Student Assistant (SA)
- Residence Sustainability Advisor (RSA)
- Welcome Week Leader (WWL)
- Training Assistant (TA)
- Summer Student Assistant (Summer SA)
- Summer Community Advocate (Summer CA)
The minimum requirements for all positions are:
- Earn 12 units/semester if undergraduate student, 7 units/semester if graduate student
- 2.25 semester and cumulative G.P.A. if undergraduate student, 3.0 semester and cumulative G.P.A. if graduate student
- New applicants must not have earned more than 136 units
- Returning applicants must not have earned more than 150 units
- Applicants must have lived on campus at least one year or have comparable experience
- Applicants must be in good standing judicially with Housing & Residence Life and the University
How to Apply
Please click the appropriate link below to submit your application.
If you have any questions regarding Student Staff Selection Process, please contact Joselle Wagner at Joselle.Wagner@humboldt.edu.
|Activities SA Job Agreement 2016-17.pdf||408.99 KB|
|CA Job Agreement 2016-17.pdf||408.81 KB|
|RSA Employee Agreement 2016-17.pdf||407.7 KB|
|Summer CA 2016.pdf||397.48 KB|
|Summer SA 2016.pdf||392.76 KB|
|Welcome Week Leader 2016.pdf||387.15 KB|
|Training Assistant Fall 2016.pdf||303.96 KB|