Science Teaching During the Later Humboldt State
College Years: 1954-73
Some Significant Events for Humboldt Science:
- 1956 - Division of Natural Resources established.
Gallery: pictures of students and
faculty engaged in scientific pursuits at Humboldt, 1954-59
- 1960 - The M.A. degree in biology is approved.
New divisions established for biological and physical sciences.
- 1962 - Forestry building completed, Van Matré
Hall (old library) remodeled for engineering.
- 1962-3 - East wing of Science A completed,
Chemistry moves from basement of Founders Hall and Physics moves from temporary Quonset huts to
- 1970 - The R.V. Catalyst is the new
- 1971 - Biology complex is completed (Science
B & C).
- 1972 - Natural Resources building is completed.
HSC renamed California State University, Humboldt
- © R. Paselk
- Last modified 21 October 2013