A little info about the SEALS program. What we are all about.
We support and inspire HSU student leadership by facilitating the development of students' awareness of self and community, their sense of social and environmental responsibility and their ability to make a positive difference on campus and in their communities.
- Self-Efficacy & Empowerment by fostering active learning, respecting student voice and nurturing collaboration.
- Critical Thinking & Reflection by encouraging students to embrace uncertainty, frame new questions and make informed decisions without defensiveness and free from pressure.
- Knowledge of & Ability to Navigate an Organizational Structure and Culture by facilitating students’ understanding of complex policies and procedures, acceptance of responsibility, appropriate challenges of the status quo, and utilization of different decision-making models.
- Deep Understanding of Self & Others by enhancing students’ ability to be introspective, accept and embrace the life experiences of all HSU students and to authentically include others in all student-led endeavors.
- Ability to Support & Engage Peers by mentoring students through peer leadership experiences
- Social & Environmental Responsibility by fostering students’ awareness of issues, examining strategies for creating change and guiding students through real-life applications of these strategies.
- Life-Long Learning by challenging students to fully engage in co-curricular and curricular opportunities.
SEALS is comprised of a group of faculty and staff on campus committed to the development of student leadership on campus and in the community. See the list of members here »
There are a number of departments and organizations involved with SEALS. See the list here »