University Senate packet materials are available on the Friday prior to the next scheduled meeting.
Agenda (PDF) for printing
Senate Packet (PDF) (47 p.) - For ease of printing the entire packet, this PDF includes the agenda and all of documents listed below.
- Announcement of Proxies
- Approval of and Adoption of Agenda
- Approval of Draft Minutes from the Meeting of March 11, 2014
- Reports, Announcements, and Communications of the Chair
- Reports of Standing Committees, Statewide Senators, and Ex-officio Members (Written Reports for 04/01/14)
- Consent Calendar from the Integrated Curriculum Committee (ICC) - April 1, 2014
- TIME CERTAIN: 3:15-3:30 PM – Open forum for the campus community (Procedures for HSU University Senate Open Forum) ; Open Forum Sign-up
- Nominations for 2013/2014 Distinguished Faculty Awards [Executive Session]
- TIME CERTAIN: 3:45-4:00 - Discussion of Draft Baccalaureate Student Learning Outcomes (Elisabeth Harrington, Chair, GEAR Curriculum and Assessment Committee)
Draft Baccalaureate Student Learning Outcomes
- Resolution on Amendments to Appendix J Regarding Election of University Faculty Personnel Committee (UFPC) Members (#34-13/14-AEC) - Second Reading
- Resolution to Amend the University Senate Bylaws and Eliminate the Campus Climate Committee (CCC) as a University Senate Standing Committee (#36-13/14-EX) - Second Reading
- Resolution on Revision of the "Guidelines for Approving New Degree and Credential Programs at HSU" (#10-13/14-ICC) - Second Reading
- Resolution on HSU Policy for Cross-Listing of Courses (#37-13/14-APC) - First Reading
- Resolution on Elimination of CWT Course Designation (#38-13/14-APC) - First Reading
“Call for Nominations for Senate Elections on April 15” - Please review the positions to be elected and forward your nominations to the Senate Chair and the Senate Office by noon, Tuesday, April 8.
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN AT THE MEETING ON MARCH 11, 2014
- Resolution on Special Cases of Administrative-Academic Probation and Disqualification (#12-13/14-APC) - Second Reading - Passed Unanimously.
- Resolution on Course Substitutions to Create Articulation Agreements (#32-13/14-APC) - Second Reading - Passed Unanimously.
- Resolution on "Guidelines for Approving New Certificate Programs" (#29-13/14-ICC) -Second Reading - Passed Unanimously.
- M/S/U to approve the Draft (March 4, 2014) Academic Calendar for 2015/2016.
- Resolution of Commendation (#35-13/14-EX) - Passed Unanimously.
Other Senate materials:
- Senate Roster with contact information (Email & Phone)
- Senate Meeting Schedule (Revised)
- Brief Resume of Parliamentary Rules from Sturgis
- University Senate Bylaws and Rules of Procedures
- University Senate Constitution
- 2013/2014 University Senate Standing Rules
- Guide for Presenting and Discussing Senate Resolutions