BASW Transfer Students

BASW Transfer Students

To enroll in the BA Social Work program major coursework, transfer students must have completed a minimum of 60 units, have successfully passed all required program pre-requisite courses (as listed on page two of the program application), been accepted to HSU as a student and completed the departmental application process.

HSU has differing guidelines for upper division versus lower division transfer students. For more information regarding Humboldt State's transfer guidelines, please visit:

Students are strongly encouraged to apply to our Social Work Program by the last Friday in January to begin coursework the following Fall.

Special consideration may be given at the discretion of the Program Director to allow students who have only one pre-requisite outstanding at the time of starting the core Social Work classes in the Fall semester. If you have questions about what is expected or your individual academic plan, please contact us at 707-826-4448.

During the Fall semester, a limited number of SW 104 seats have been reserved for in-coming Social Work major transfer students who have not had the opportunity to complete this course. You must contact the course instructor at latest by the end of the first week of classes in order to request a permission number to access one of these reserved seats.