Humboldt State University

Department of Social Work

CalSWEC Stipend Projects

HSU’s Department of Social Work has partnered with California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC) to strengthen child welfare and mental health workforces. Each of these stipend projects provide support and resources for students in exchange for a commitment to employment in a related setting post-graduation.

BASW - Child Welfare: $15,000 stipend in the senior year; additional 1.5 unit seminar per semester required; one year post-graduate employment required.

Pathway Program: Part-time Distributed Learning students (BASW or MSW) who live in rural and remote regions of California and who are employed by a county or Tribal social services organization; need support from employer.

MSW - Child Welfare: Full-time: $18,500 annual stipend; additional 1.5 unit seminar per semester required; postgraduate employment required. Part-time: for Distributed Learning students who are county/Tribal social services employees; need support from employer.

For further information and to apply, please select the specific program from the links to the left. You may also visit the CalSWEC site.