Humboldt State University

Department of Social Work

Advanced Standing Program

Applicants who have an accredited Bachelor's degree in Social Work may apply to enter the "Advanced Year" of the Program (See Curriculum Plans for MSW Program).

In order to qualify for admission in the Advanced Standing Program:

  • an applicant needs to meet the criteria listed under MSW Admissions
  • have completed their undergraduate social work degree in a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited program with a GPA of 3.5 or better
  • a grade of B or better in all SW courses
  • have completed their degree in the last five years (petitions for exceptions are available)

Advanced standing students on campus will complete their degree in one year.

Advanced standing students in the part-time Distributed Learning program will complete their degree in two years.