Applying to the HSU Public Sociology
Both HSU Graduate Studies and the Department of Sociology have Admission Requirements.
- Learn about the HSU Graduate Studies requirements here.
- The Department of Sociology requires you have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- We do NOT require the GRE for admission into our program.
Applications for Fall Admisions are accepted until February 1 (applications open on or around August 1st)
To ensure your application is considered, please confirm that your CSU Mentor Application is complete no later than February 1. Letters of Recommendation and Transcripts must be received by February 15.
Applications for Spring Admissions are not generally accepted.
Please contact the Graduate Coordinator with questions.
How to Apply
- Application: Apply through the CSU Mentor Application (general CSU application, for all campuses). Note that your application will require an Application Fee of $55.
- Transcripts: Send one official copy of your transcript from any college or university you have attended to:
Humboldt State University
Office of Graduate Admissions
1 Harpst Street
Arcata, CA 95521
- Statement of Purpose: A statement on your plans and objectives must be submitted within your CSU Mentor Application.
- Letters of Recommendation: You must have THREE (3) letters submitted online through CSU Mentor. If you have questions please contact the Graduate Admissions Office 707-826-6250.
To assure that your application can be considered, please confirm that your file is complete before deadline. Even if a reference tells you that her letter has been sent, it is always a good idea to check that it has been received and placed in your file.
If you have any questions about the application process or our program, please feel free to contact the Graduate Coordinator, Meredith Williams (Meredith.Williams@humboldt.edu) or HSU Graduate Studies.